C-R-A-P

Help Support CattleToday:

WichitaLineMan

Reaction score
Reading the Hereford World Herd Bull Edition.

Boy has it gone downhill. Not much in there. If it weren't for the Handbook and the Register on the inside the thing wouldn't be a quarter inch thick.

Buyhereford dot com is shown to be the scam I thought it was. Some guy quoted as saying: "Even if you do not sell what you have on Buyhereford.com, you are getting nationwide attention that you would not have had before consigning" - Jeff Koch.

I have been watching these auctions monthly and I bet 90% PLUS of the consignments are NO SALES. What a racket.

The AHA is next to worthless.

Try making a suggestion instead of constantly trash talking with no attempt at a suggestion to help improve... I hardly ever post (I think I may have a very long time ago maybe like three times) but I have continued to read this forum for a couple of years and in the past few months this thing has gotten increasingly negative and far from progressive. It's sad... this could be a place for people to learn from one and other but all that seems to happen is bad mouthing the AHA and the AAA. I'm glad that you all can teach young internet savvy cattle producers that anti-establishment is the route to go.

Bad attitudes are next to worthless.

>>I'm glad that you all can teach young internet savvy cattle producers that anti-establishment is the route to go.<<

Me too. You're welcome.

WichitaLineMan":2bhyycy1 said:
>>I'm glad that you all can teach young internet savvy cattle producers that anti-establishment is the route to go.<<

Me too. You're welcome.
you could be the herefords abbie hoffman :cowboy:

alacattleman":32jqw79e said:
WichitaLineMan":32jqw79e said:

Me too. You're welcome.
you could be the herefords abbie hoffman :cowboy:

Well I got a couple of spots open if anybody else would like to become one of the "Texas Seven"!

I guess that last post would have been funnier if I had said "Kansas City Seven".

My wit is not as quick as it once was.

First off Jeff Koch is not just "some guy"! And I don't think it's right to throw his name around like you did.

Second, what part of BuyHereford.Com is a scam??? I'll give you that quality needs to be increased, and that alone will draw in more buyers. But to say that it is a scam is totally off base.

CPL":3luxv4ez said:
First off Jeff Koch is not just "some guy"! And I don't think it's right to throw his name around like you did.

Second, what part of BuyHereford.Com is a scam??? I'll give you that quality needs to be increased, and that alone will draw in more buyers. But to say that it is a scam is totally off base.

I don't care who he is that is a direct quote of his (hence the "" marks) from this month's Hereford World.

trash talking with no attempt at a suggestion to help improve

We'll here's my suggestion for improvement at AHA. Start by returning phone calls. I left voice messages for two people at the office on Monday and still no call back three days later. Not the first time I've left messages and never received a call back either. Not trash talking...just stating the facts.

I'd like them to acknowledge what % of sales since the first auction have been "no sales". (I suspect it is VERY HIGH)

1. Return emails timely.
2. Lower fees. They are ridiculous.
3. Let Pedigree breeders have EPDS.

My biggest peeve is the fees are not congruent with the service that you receive. You are nickel and dimed to death as a TPR breeder.

I had only a very short relation with AHA and from what I have read and such on AHA now I'm pretty sure I am not going back.
When I had just a couple head to register I had no problem with registering them because I was paying for just one or 2 head. I see no reason to pay a higher fee for a herd registration on 2 head.

Called them about doing a DNA on that Rambo heifer we got. I would have to get a kit from them, pay for it; pay for the test and pay to register the calf.
I already had a kit I got for free from a different lab.

Here's my suggestion; start promoting the Hereford breed instead of themselves.

Come on you guys, quit pulling my leg. Do they really have an Association. You coulda fooled me.

RIP

I raised Horned Herefords for ten years--loved the cattle. Back then, I waited at the mail box to receive my Journal. I hope they get their C-R-A-P together. We (Bonsmara Breeders) need a strong Hereford Association to help the rest of the world compete against our common enemy. 8)

I is easy to solve you guys problems, RAISE BLACK ANGUS, for get about them there white faces.....ALL YOUR PROBLEMS WILL JUST FADE AWAY....

Yeah and pack your pistols to kill every one of the nasty tempered ones, oh that means I have a good chance of killing every black hided thing on our place instead of just 1 Hereford bull of ours that has turned aggressive.

No thanks alftn you can keep them I don't think I have enough ammo.

Bonsman":amogdbiq said:
I raised Horned Herefords for ten years--loved the cattle. Back then, I waited at the mail box to receive my Journal. I hope they get their C-R-A-P together. We (Bonsmara Breeders) need a strong Hereford Association to help the rest of the world compete against our common enemy. 8)
who's that, the market

I luv herfrds":39bewbsq said:
Yeah and pack your pistols to kill every one of the nasty tempered ones, oh that means I have a good chance of killing every black hided thing on our place instead of just 1 Hereford bull of ours that has turned aggressive.

No thanks alftn you can keep them I don't think I have enough ammo.
Nasty tempered Herefords? Angus? Not on our farm! The Angus are too gentle - gotta almost push some of them down the alley - SCARED of the V-E-T!! LOL

Gotta breed for gentle along with the other traits. Makes life interesting.

Valerie

alftn":1m637y7w said:
I is easy to solve you guys problems, RAISE BLACK ANGUS, for get about them there white faces.....ALL YOUR PROBLEMS WILL JUST FADE AWAY....

Yea hard to see the problem in the dark isnt it. :roll:

Only angus or black bull that will be on my place is in a tank. Got rid of the last one that I raised from a 600 lb thinking it would help the disposition.

I have been able to sell just about as good as my neighbors and STILL raise what I want.

As for the C-R-A-P I dont do the TPR anymore to much wasted money. No return for the investment. If you want B.W. and WW and YW EPDS just make your own up they are just about as accurate.

Latest posts