C&B squeeze chute

Help Support CattleToday:

We have changed all of our head gates to the For-most manual catch. We have never had a problem with them and some of our cows hit them hard.

Every year we would lose a couple with the auto catch saloon door style.
Same here. Only complaint I have about the For Most 30T on our chute is we've had quite a few bulls that were too wide to go through it, so we let them out the side. They have a new model (30TW?) that is supposed to be wider from what I gather.

Had a couple young replacement angus bulls I was running through the Priefert to worm right before turning them with cattle a few days ago. One his neck was so big I would latch him in and he would just back out. It was all he could do to squeeze to get out when I let him out.

Had a couple young replacement angus bulls I was running through the Priefert to worm right before turning them with cattle a few days ago. One his neck was so big I would latch him in and he would just back out. It was all he could do to squeeze to get out when I let him out.
Which Priefert model was that? Been looking at the S04. My bulls probably 2100lbs, and don't want to buy something I can't use.

Which Priefert model was that? Been looking at the S04. My bulls probably 2100lbs, and don't want to buy something I can't use.
Have not had that problem before with several other bulls I have ran through with most around a ton at the time. This bull has a large neck probably bigger than his head. I don't believe any would hold him. (kind of like a hog head, neck as big as their head) After he runs after a few cows he will get in his work clothes. I like my Priefert as I set the auto feature and out of several hundred I have ran through it will snag 98-99% with me, myself and I working them. I had one cow with horns I had to open wide as she was quick to jump through that I had to circle around again to snag. It works awful good IMO. I had a saloon door style I used on a few head and it went to auction.

Have not had that problem before with several other bulls I have ran through with most around a ton at the time. This bull has a large neck probably bigger than his head. I don't believe any would hold him. (kind of like a hog head, neck as big as their head)
We've had a few like that, if you're quick enough you can catch them right behind their ears and shove the pipe across behind their butt so they can't back up.

Have not had that problem before with several other bulls I have ran through with most around a ton at the time. This bull has a large neck probably bigger than his head. I don't believe any would hold him. (kind of like a hog head, neck as big as their head) After he runs after a few cows he will get in his work clothes. I like my Priefert as I set the auto feature and out of several hundred I have ran through it will snag 98-99% with me, myself and I working them. I had one cow with horns I had to open wide as she was quick to jump through that I had to circle around again to snag. It works awful good IMO. I had a saloon door style I used on a few head and it went to auction.

When we bought our farm there was a saloon style chute here and we used it one time and then I set it by the road with a for sale sign. We ended up getting a Priefert S04 and really enjoy it. My wife who is petite is the one that runs it though and she does it with ease. I just run them up the alley.

I've been looking at them. The Hereford or Angus is advertised as same specs as the Priefert S04. I need a large chute and started to post for input as well.
I have an S04. I sold a cow that crossed the scales at 2075# last summer. She fit. It was tight, but she fit. I like that it can do calves all the way up to that.

I have the C&B Herford and really like it so far. I've had it for almost 2 years and it is very heavy built. The auto saloon style is an option but not the only headgate you can get. I don't care for the saloon style so I got it with the manual that's more like a Foremost. I unloaded it with a 5410 John Deere and the back tires were coming off the ground. It's not as fancy as some of the bigger names but much heavier built than most I looked at. I work large cows and bulls in it and have yet to have an issue with anything fitting.

I have the C&B Herford and really like it so far. I've had it for almost 2 years and it is very heavy built. The auto saloon style is an option but not the only headgate you can get. I don't care for the saloon style so I got it with the manual that's more like a Foremost. I unloaded it with a 5410 John Deere and the back tires were coming off the ground. It's not as fancy as some of the bigger names but much heavier built than most I looked at. I work large cows and bulls in it and have yet to have an issue with anything fitting.
I'm glad to hear some feedback on this chute! It's been asked a few times, but so far this is the first I've heard from anyone who actually had one.

That's Awesome! Thanks for posting. I've got a young neighbor who just started in cows last fall. He's looks hard at a C&B Hereford and keeps asking me questions about what he should be looking for.

I didn't really look that close at the other C&B chutes but I know the Herford is the biggest C&B makes. Compared to the price of others, I felt like I got a lot of bang for my buck.

Thanks for your input !!

Latest posts