C&B squeeze chute

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Have any of y'all used , or have any opinion on C&B farm + outdoor ,Hereford model squeeze chutes?
Looks like they are made in Alabama.

Your profile picture is disturbing lol.

I've never used one, see them advertised on CL all the time. C&B appears to have a lot of decent equipment.

I haven't had a chance to get my hands on one. Got a young neighbor, just starting out. He's thinking hard about getting one. I like the options I see in their videos.

I haven't had a chance to get my hands on one. Got a young neighbor, just starting out. He's thinking hard about getting one. I like the options I see in their videos.
They look well built , but there is not a lot of info/reviews out there on people owning them.

They look good online. I just went through the agonizing decision of buying a new squeeze chute myself. Here's what I'll stress-after looking at a dozen different ones (or more) in person-you want to look at one before you buy. I didn't have the chance to see a C&B, but I was amazed at the poor fit and finish of a lot of both the established and the lesser known brands alike. From the videos I've seen of that one they seem loud.

They may be great, and I'm sure they will get the job done. I've been making due with an old jalopy until recently- But if you're going to be doing cattle get the best you can afford.

And see one in person! If you can't, pass on it and get one you can see up close.

Just my $.02

They look good online. I just went through the agonizing decision of buying a new squeeze chute myself. Here's what I'll stress-after looking at a dozen different ones (or more) in person-you want to look at one before you buy. I didn't have the chance to see a C&B, but I was amazed at the poor fit and finish of a lot of both the established and the lesser known brands alike. From the videos I've seen of that one they seem loud.

They may be great, and I'm sure they will get the job done. I've been making due with an old jalopy until recently- But if you're going to be doing cattle get the best you can afford.

And see one in person! If you can't, pass on it and get one you can see up close.

Just my $.02
After your due diligence, do you mind sharing what chute you went with and what made it stand out as the choice. Thank ye

My biggest complaint across the board is the inside height for me. I'm 6'2" and 99.5 out of 100 times I remember to duck when I get behind an animal, but that off time when someone is asking me something just at the wrong time. It's a real bell ringer.

After your due diligence, do you mind sharing what chute you went with and what made it stand out as the choice. Thank ye
I don't mind sharing at all! I went with a Sioux steel chute. It's got the palp cage, rubber floor, etc.

What my observations were of the top brands:

Arrowquip is an excellent setup, and you can operate the catch from any point on the squeeze-I really like that. The fit and finish were top notch. But it was more expensive for the equivalent chute I bought and was (my opinion only) lighter made.

Priefert was totally unimpressive. Very lightly built in my opinion. The rear gate catch was very difficult to reach for a shorter person (which I am not), and it was already dented up just from being unloaded at the farm and machinery show. Plus the overspray from painting was ridiculous considering it was a "show" piece. Their guy demonstrating was good though.

Tarter (series 6) exceeded what I expected to see to be honest. They appear to be derided online, but what I saw exceeded Priefert's s04 by far. However the advice of others on the internet was enough to steer me away. I think that may have only been an automatic catch-can't reminder for sure, but I was looking for a manual catch anyhow. But if I were on a less than 5k budget, I'd have looked much harder at it.

ACME was one I'd seen on Facebook, and one was at the farm show. It was heavy built for sure-but only 1k less than the Sioux and it's build appeared to be to be sloppy. I thought I saw them priced online for 6.5k, but If I remember they were asking 8.5k at the show. I'm sure it would be a fine chute, but the attention to detail and finish left a lot to be desired. A lot. The metal cuts for its construction to my observation appeared to be very awkward/sloppy, but would function ok. It's price point was too much for its build in my opinion.

Belen had a well built squeeze-it was heavily built, but I didn't care for the head catch, and the price point was right up there with everything else. I don't like the squeeze style on that one either.

There were a bunch of other lesser named brands-all had poor metal work and the welds looked like something I could do (I'm not a good welder). There were some other lesser named brands that were quite nice, but even more expensive than the arrowquip stuff.

I looked at the hydraulic stuff too-but it was beyond my price point and I didn't want hydraulics anyhow-didn't see anything bad that was hydraulic.

My expectations were exceeded with the Sioux for the price. The only thing I disliked about it was that the catch only operates from the front of the chute; however, everything has points I liked or didn't-and that was a small concession considering the piece of crap I had caught at the front and I've made it work so far.

My best advice is take a look at as many as you can.

A common question the sales folks asked was how many head I'm running-and truthfully for some that may make a difference-but not for me. I've got 50 at the moment, hopefully 85 after calving finishes up, but whether I have 20 or 200-I want to treat the cattle safely and be safe myself. Plus what I got will last the rest of my life, and will accommodate future farm growth which I hope to have.

It's an expensive endeavor whatever you get, so be sure you get something you would be happy with for the long haul. I know a few extra thousand is tough, I really do, but once the pain of the expense is over-you won't have to regret not having ponied up a little extra for something that fits your needs and works much better.

And..the C&B may be a great chute-I haven't seen one (except online). I watched a thread on here about them not too long ago-and nobody had any real first hand experience with them. A chute really isn't something I'd want to buy without having seen first. If you do go that route post some info up here-it would be helpful to a lot of folks! Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Your profile picture is disturbing lol.

I've never used one, see them advertised on CL all the time. C&B appears to have a lot of decent equipment.
I am an interesting guy ! 😜
They look well made , just don't want to drive to Al to put my hands on one.

Just my $.02
That's good advice!

I sure will Clint. I have been looking at Arrowquip , WW and would like to see the C&B. I have a friend that was a die hard WW and has told me the arrowquip head holder is the best thing she has ever had.
I will keep ya in the loop sir !

My biggest complaint across the board is the inside height for me. I'm 6'2" and 99.5 out of 100 times I remember to duck when I get behind an animal, but that off time when someone is asking me something just at the wrong time. It's a real bell ringer.
The two things in life that make me the maddest , banging my head and electric shocks 😂. Makes me so mad I invent new curse words.

I have looked hard at the C&an Hereford chute. Unless something drastically changes my mind I will more than likely go that route.

Still keeping an eye out for a good used one. The Tarter chutes I looked at also didn't look to be built badly.

I only keep about 15-25 cows so it's hard to justify more expensive chutes.

I can't place the face on your "cow".
I live In central Florida. During hurricane season , one of the local stations had "hurricane coverage". During the press conference with Governor Desantis , this lady was the signing lady for the hearing impaired. She was REALLY into her job. Signing really fast and had some serious expressions on her face she was making while signing. One of my kids paused the tv during her signing and that was the face she was making. So me being an "adult" I started pasting her face on pictures replacing family members faces…and then my bull. I know , I need help.

I don't mind sharing at all! I went with a Sioux steel chute. It's got the palp cage, rubber floor, etc.

What my observations were of the top brands:

Arrowquip is an excellent setup, and you can operate the catch from any point on the squeeze-I really like that. The fit and finish were top notch. But it was more expensive for the equivalent chute I bought and was (my opinion only) lighter made.

Priefert was totally unimpressive. Very lightly built in my opinion. The rear gate catch was very difficult to reach for a shorter person (which I am not), and it was already dented up just from being unloaded at the farm and machinery show. Plus the overspray from painting was ridiculous considering it was a "show" piece. Their guy demonstrating was good though.

Tarter (series 6) exceeded what I expected to see to be honest. They appear to be derided online, but what I saw exceeded Priefert's s04 by far. However the advice of others on the internet was enough to steer me away. I think that may have only been an automatic catch-can't reminder for sure, but I was looking for a manual catch anyhow. But if I were on a less than 5k budget, I'd have looked much harder at it.

ACME was one I'd seen on Facebook, and one was at the farm show. It was heavy built for sure-but only 1k less than the Sioux and it's build appeared to be to be sloppy. I thought I saw them priced online for 6.5k, but If I remember they were asking 8.5k at the show. I'm sure it would be a fine chute, but the attention to detail and finish left a lot to be desired. A lot. The metal cuts for its construction to my observation appeared to be very awkward/sloppy, but would function ok. It's price point was too much for its build in my opinion.

Belen had a well built squeeze-it was heavily built, but I didn't care for the head catch, and the price point was right up there with everything else. I don't like the squeeze style on that one either.

There were a bunch of other lesser named brands-all had poor metal work and the welds looked like something I could do (I'm not a good welder). There were some other lesser named brands that were quite nice, but even more expensive than the arrowquip stuff.

I looked at the hydraulic stuff too-but it was beyond my price point and I didn't want hydraulics anyhow-didn't see anything bad that was hydraulic.

My expectations were exceeded with the Sioux for the price. The only thing I disliked about it was that the catch only operates from the front of the chute; however, everything has points I liked or didn't-and that was a small concession considering the piece of crap I had caught at the front and I've made it work so far.

My best advice is take a look at as many as you can.

A common question the sales folks asked was how many head I'm running-and truthfully for some that may make a difference-but not for me. I've got 50 at the moment, hopefully 85 after calving finishes up, but whether I have 20 or 200-I want to treat the cattle safely and be safe myself. Plus what I got will last the rest of my life, and will accommodate future farm growth which I hope to have.

It's an expensive endeavor whatever you get, so be sure you get something you would be happy with for the long haul. I know a few extra thousand is tough, I really do, but once the pain of the expense is over-you won't have to regret not having ponied up a little extra for something that fits your needs and works much better.

And..the C&B may be a great chute-I haven't seen one (except online). I watched a thread on here about them not too long ago-and nobody had any real first hand experience with them. A chute really isn't something I'd want to buy without having seen first. If you do go that route post some info up here-it would be helpful to a lot of folks! Hope that helps.
Thanks for all that info ! I will check out the Sioux. I have not herd of that brand. What you said about spending a little bit more to get a better product makes perfect sense.like you , I believe if taken care of , a good chute could last my lifetime. You were talking about finish quality's. It's amazing that some of the welds and cuts on some brands are not cleaned up. It's like the new guy was cutting or welding it and just left it. It's probably not going to make a difference on how it works , but if I am spending this kind of money , I want it to look like some one cared and was proud of their work.

I live In central Florida. During hurricane season , one of the local stations had "hurricane coverage". During the press conference with Governor Desantis , this lady was the signing lady for the hearing impaired. She was REALLY into her job. Signing really fast and had some serious expressions on her face she was making while signing. One of my kids paused the tv during her signing and that was the face she was making. So me being an "adult" I started pasting her face on pictures replacing family members faces…and then my bull. I know , I need help.
I'm so disappointed in you. I just knew you'd say the mother in law!

We have changed all of our head gates to the For-most manual catch. We have never had a problem with them and some of our cows hit them hard.

Every year we would lose a couple with the auto catch saloon door style.

Latest posts