By product list.

Help Support CattleToday:

Bulk loose hard candy $65 a ton. Wish I had known that Halloween. I spent that on two grocery bags full. On a serious note, I have seen m and m's in my feed a time or two. I always wondered what the story was.

Bigfoot":38lkkj3m said:
Bulk loose hard candy $65 a ton. Wish I had known that Halloween. I spent that on two grocery bags full. On a serious note, I have seen m and m's in my feed a time or two. I always wondered what the story was.
Outdated candy is often fed to cattle but most companies grind it. Same for bakery products. Both are good products.

When you feed these by products do they need to be mixed or can you feed them straight up to them? How do you know how much to give?

Craig Miller":11iu971f said:
When you feed these by products do they need to be mixed or can you feed them straight up to them? How do you know how much to give?
Always best mixed with other ingredients.

TexasBred":3mtqe2r0 said:
Craig Miller":3mtqe2r0 said:

Ok then my next question is what should they be mixed with? How do you determine how good your feed is after youve mixed it? Do you send a sample off?

Craig Miller":1u205c9f said:
TexasBred":1u205c9f said:
Craig Miller":1u205c9f said:

Ok then my next question is what should they be mixed with? How do you determine how good your feed is after youve mixed it? Do you send a sample off?
Most all feeds are a combination of several ingredients. A primary protein source such as soybean meal, DDG, cottonseed meal or canola, various by-products such as wheat middlings and rice bran and some will add roughage products such as cottonseed hulls or soybean hulls. This along with vitamin /minerals and a proper balance of each would make a good feed. No way to just say half and half of this is a good feed. A good feed formulation program will help you determine how much of each to mix to meet the various nutrient densities wanted. If mixed according to the formulation it should be very close to your "paper values" and no real need for a taste.

Latest posts