Buying show calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

showme

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am in a bine I am buying another heifer calf
her number is #55

One heifer is out of Special Addition of Brinks
This calf is very long bodied
heavy boned
She is deep but it does not look like it because she is so long
high Volume
clean in her underline
long neck

A fault
Rought Shoulders
Weak pins
wastey in her neck

the other one is #26
very deep
not as long as #55
long neck
not a whole lot of bone but enough
Square in her hip

A fault is
no volume
rough shoulders
wasty in her neck

I need help call me if you got any answers .

no no no I am staying in it I am buying another brangus heifer now and in the fall I will be looking for a Simmental. These heifers are only $3,000 a pop. I will have more to spend on a Simmental in the fall.

SCfarms":1z258zcc said:
no no no I am staying in it I am buying another brangus heifer now and in the fall I will be looking for a Simmental. These heifers are only $3,000 a pop. I will have more to spend on a Simmental in the fall.

JMO...any animal that has any "obvious" faults to the average cattle person is not worth even close to $3,000...sorry. An animal should "look very good" to the cattle person (leave the minor faults to find by the Judge). Of course, "show animals" often don't look like the quality pasture animal either....

You have a pretty good set of melons there kid. A lot of the folk you are now asking for help, you have all but called stupid or degraded at one time or another in your short but annoying visit here.

Texan pointed out to all of us the error of your ways not too long ago, yet you still don't get the point.

Cut us down, then ask you help? Seems almost like biteing the hand that feeds you don't it?
Your reply here will help to dictate just how much you get from me (us) in the future.

Tone down your posts a little (although maybe too late), ask politely, and sit back and listen for a good long while and maybe I(we) might think about helping you out.

If you were my kid, I'da done wacked you with a willow twig that you fetched, the first 2 days you were on these forums. And I wouldn't have stoped at one wack either.

You shouldn't have burnt the bridges that you evidentally need or want to cross now.

Muratic":s9gkn8ok said:
You have a pretty good set of melons there kid. A lot of the folk you are now asking for help, you have all but called stupid or degraded at one time or another in your short but annoying visit here.

Texan pointed out to all of us the error of your ways not too long ago, yet you still don't get the point.

Cut us down, then ask you help? Seems almost like biteing the hand that feeds you don't it?
Your reply here will help to dictate just how much you get from me (us) in the future.

Tone down your posts a little (although maybe too late), ask politely, and sit back and listen for a good long while and maybe I(we) might think about helping you out.

If you were my kid, I'da done wacked you with a willow twig that you fetched, the first 2 days you were on these forums. And I wouldn't have stoped at one wack either.

You shouldn't have burnt the bridges that you evidentally need or want to cross now.
Muratic
As usual you said it as well as it could be said by anyone. Maybe the kid will study it long and hard.

3,000 sounds really steep IMO for a show heifer. Thats usually the sale average for bulls at these production sales. I can see paying that for a bull or even a good cow.

cowboy13":2mnr8vxw said:
Why don't you post some pics of these awesome cattle you talk about?
This sounds like a good idea to me. Little Mr SCfarms could you tell us of which major shows that you have been showing in. And please post some pics of your awsome show winning cattle along with which show it has won.

I keep trying to get pics up but it won't let. We won Houston in 2004 that is really the biggest show we won but I can e-mail some pics to people who want to see some of my cattle.

SCfarms":2ils07t3 said:
We won Houston in 2004 that is really the biggest show we won
Little Mr SCfarms, if it wasn't with brangus that you won Houston with maybe it was with something else. Please enlighten us with which of the other 17 breeds that you have shown, did win houston for you.

Brangus Bull in Houston 2004 Terry Faul and Dale Clark own the bull. The girl that showed it for us was Megan Faul: Terry Faul's daughter check again a$$. Semen for sale on this bull at $25 a straw. Oh and by the way I really didn't show 17 I show brangus my cousin's show Brahman's Herefords and Brafords.

2004 Livestock Show Winners - Grand Champion Brangus Bull - Winner(s) - Meagan Faul - Cutline: Cheramie Viator, Don Barry, Loren Jackson, Mark McClintock, Dale Clark, Terry Faul, Gary Buchholz, Kari Smith, Megan Faul 3/6/2004

http://www.hlsr.com/PhotoShop/ShowPhotos.aspx

So if yall don't know what the hell you are talking about then shut up because I have it right there for you. Any questions my number is below.

Status
Not open for further replies.