Buying land for cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

this is a great clearing machine only fault in it for me is this one doesn't have a 4n1 but I love dropping the teeth down into the ground and ripping roots out with it.

A 955l is a great machine, only problem is being power shift with steering clutches and brakes, they are very expensive to work on. And they are well liked enough you can buy a newer rear engine machine for close to the same money most of the time.

I tell ya what its got ALOT of power for what it is and for 6k that I bought it for at a repo sale and had it a few years no major repairs and probably has cleared over 100 acres its slower than my other machines. I really need to get more replacement scarifiers.

If I could get a machine like that for $6,000 that I knew was dependable, I would buy it in a snap. A guy like me would be in over his head the first sign of mechanical trouble.

There's alot if people here that would rather use a 955l for pushing timber than a 953, of course there not as fast and don't have the visibility, but they have good power and more weight than a 53.

Bigfoot":36eup662 said:
If I could get a machine like that for $6,000 that I knew was dependable, I would buy it in a snap. A guy like me would be in over his head the first sign of mechanical trouble.
And one like that is not one you want to have trouble with, besides the fact that they are more expensive to work on than some of the newer models, there also alot harder and tighter to access and work on.

Bigfoot":2qiny97g said:

I take chances on equip because I have a diesel mechanic on my payroll. If it blew up tomorrow id fix it but it doesn't owe me anything its paid for itself 20 times over . That machine gets ran a good 15-30hrs a week.

I've never ran excavating equipment, or really seen it ran to any large extent. Seems like you could lift that blade up on a tree, and bring it right over. Is that the general idea? I know if I can get a cable high enough on a tree, my tractor will bring over a bigger tree than most people would think. Especially when the ground is soft.

You get up high and push, but on most bigger trees you want to dig around the stump some to cut some of the roots before you push it. That's where weight is almost more important that horsepower.

Bigfoot":2onsthul said:
I've never ran excavating equipment, or really seen it ran to any large extent. Seems like you could lift that blade up on a tree, and bring it right over. Is that the general idea? I know if I can get a cable high enough on a tree, my tractor will bring over a bigger tree than most people would think. Especially when the ground is soft.

bf if you raise the bucket and press against some tree along with forward movement it will push some trees over depends on size and species. big ones I will dig around and or if possible drop in this case the scarifiers down to rip roots. A gum tree is the worst tree ever if it has any size the root ball is a pain to get under and out and often my big dozer will lift itself up trying to lift out the gum tree rootball . wet ground like it is here now a dozer may get stuck trying to clear some areas but ground that's wet not just super saturated is when I like to clear. Running clearing equip is pretty easy but it will beat you up all the bouncing around and jarring.

Latest posts