buy local so you can talk to an idiot?

Help Support CattleToday:

Had Dell computers for years, bought them for the good warranty and service, that was the only reason I picked them.

Use to you would call service and get an American, who could speak English. Few years ago was my last call to them when I got someone from Pakistan or close to it. Could not understand them at all. That was last time I called them, I just took it to get fixed out my pocket. And it will be the last time i buy a Dell.

I know they are all probably outsourcing service calls, but Dell burned me due to the fact that is why I chose them over just picking one up at a Local store.

aplusmnt":2ntuhoak said:
Had Dell computers for years, bought them for the good warranty and service, that was the only reason I picked them.

Use to you would call service and get an American, who could speak English. Few years ago was my last call to them when I got someone from Pakistan or close to it. Could not understand them at all. That was last time I called them, I just took it to get fixed out my pocket. And it will be the last time i buy a Dell.

I know they are all probably outsourcing service calls, but Dell burned me due to the fact that is why I chose them over just picking one up at a Local store.

I had the same problem so I started using their online chat help. They still may not speak "inglish', but at least they type it ok. After the first year I didn;t need them until last week when a surge suppessor went up in smoke and ate the ma-board. Ended up with some little oriental sounding girl, but she wasn;t any harder to understand then some of the sothern folk. Elliot Sadler or Ward Burton come to mind.

dun

One time I was mimicking the choices, and getting a little ornery about the 45 minute menu I had to go through - and the mimicking led to sarcasm ....... and then as I said something really crude, a voice said, in a rather nasty tone "pardon me!?!" :shock: Who woulda thought someone was gonna pick up? :oops:

I am the manager of the Customer Support Department where I work. I have 6 on the phones and 12 in the Repair Station, covering repairs to the products this company has been putting on the street for 20 years.

I have only a few rules...

1. The customer is not always right; however, the customer is the customer and is to be treated as such!

2. A customer with a perceived problem has a problem. Treat him as such, although it may not be the problem as he perceives it. (We experience a good number of "finger" problems...not understanding the system operation.)

3. NO ONE is expected to take abuse from an irrate customer! These calls are transferred to me...I do take care of my people.

The company recently purchased a new phone system. In this new system was a Call Center module they were so happy to have...until I pitched a fit and would not let them turn on as it left people on hold, required a number of button pushes, and sent people to voicemail. My position was simple...I do not like all that crap when I call somewhere and was not going to stand for changing the way assisted customers...you know the old "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" syndrome. I guess I had enough stroke to hold off 'progress' for a while anyway.

I am like all of you...nothing beats a human voice...although we cannot hide the Texas accent...especially me... :lol:

Van

vbd":3v3jx0b1 said:
I am like all of you...nothing beats a human voice...although we cannot hide the Texas accent...especially me... :lol:

Van

That is funny Van, I don't seem to have a problem with the Texas accent. I have a neice that moved home from several years of living in Texas. We are slowly getting that draw beat out of her. :D
Now them folks in Louisianna...They all talk like they have a mouth full of crawdads! Can't understand a word of it.

I called for ford parts yesterday to compare prices. I swear the feller I was talking to was a canuklehead, EH! I told him he talked funny, he must live to far north. He said I must be in WV cause I talked real funny :roll: I don't live that close to the river.

certherfbeef":18atg2ra said:
vbd":18atg2ra said:

Van

That is funny Van, I don't seem to have a problem with the Texas accent. I have a neice that moved home from several years of living in Texas. We are slowly getting that draw beat out of her. :D
Now them folks in Louisianna...They all talk like they have a mouth full of crawdads! Can't understand a word of it.

I called for ford parts yesterday to compare prices. I swear the feller I was talking to was a canuklehead, EH! I told him he talked funny, he must live to far north. He said I must be in WV cause I talked real funny :roll: I don't live that close to the river.

Years ago there was a service called directory assistance. When you wanted a phone number you called them and they looked at the book and gave you the number. Lily Tomlin made it famous.
I once needed a number in NEW YORK CITY. I couldn't listen as fast as that woman talked. I can't imagine what she thought of me and my speech. I speak slowly, even by local standards here in rural IN.

Reminds me of last Christmas. Our local bank collects toys for the poor kids in the area for gifts. My mother had some presents wrapped and ready to drop off but she wasn't sure if they had thier Santa Tree up yet, so she gave them a call. She was given a list of options. None matched what she wanted of course so she just kept pushing numbers until she got to "to talk to an actual person". With relief she pushed it and waited while goofy music played. Finally a woman answered and she asked if they had their Santa Tree up. The woman had no clue what she was talking about as she was in Toronto, Ontario. My mother asked how she got to Toronto when she just dialed the number in the phone book for our local branch, not the 1-800 number. The woman cheerfully informed her that now all calls go to the main branch in Toronto as they can help with any banking needs. No my mother informed her, you can't because I just want to know if I can drop off these gifts but you can't tell me that so please give me a direct number to them. "We can't do that" the cheerful woman at the other end informed her, "it's against policy." My mother was dumbfounded that she was not even allowed to phone her local branch. The conversation went on through a superior who finally gave my mother the number.
Not as bad though as Sprint internet services a few years ago who tried to charge me twice - they had signed me up for Sprint Canada and also put me on in the US. I could not explain to the girl I phoned why it was not logical for me to pay twice. I finally had to talk to a Canadian manager and a US manager in a 3-way conversation to get my money back. I also cancelled my service. All of these people could speak English. Stupidity comes in all nationalities. :lol:

Latest posts