buy local so you can talk to an idiot?

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
I'm ready to blow my top! :mad:
Called to have a few gallon of propane brought out. I call the local number, so I can talk to a local person that know me and where I live. I get transfered right away by a computer to some woman across the state. That is bad enough but then she wouldn't listen long enough to get my whole address so she can "look me up".
Better than 5 minutes of bad music later she comes back. Says we are not listed as a customer and we need to establish an account before they can deliver to our place.
I try to explain to her that we have been customers since '99 and never had problems before. She cannot find us in the computer so we do not exist. :roll: :roll:
All I wanted to do was chat with Wendy and order some fuel. Looks like I'll be finding someone else to do business with.
Thanks for letting me vent.

Good customer service is fading as fast as buggy whip manufacturers in this country. People today don't seem to care at all about helping people - just so long as they get their smoke breaks, long lunch breaks and paid on time - the be nice with the customer!!
Thanks for letting me vent also...

At least the didn;t transfer you to someone in Pakistan that doesn;t speak "inglish"

dun

dun":thuvz4ax said:
At least the didn;t transfer you to someone in Pakistan that doesn;t speak "inglish"

dun

Engineers in Poland will moonlight for $2 an hour. I'm not sure what the "advisors" in Pakistan get but it is probably about the same. Don't ya just love the internet.

When I find good ma and pa businesses, that appreciate my patronage, I become a very good patron.

I recently had Phone Trouble. Called the local repair number, and had to punch at least three buttons before a lady in Baton Rouge La finally answered. Then I had to put in area code, and phone number. So far so good, But then she had to call the local repair man in Andalusia, Al which is only 9 miles from my house. Why, oh why, can't we just call the local office and talk to a real person in the front end of the conversation. I too need to VENT :x :mad: :x
Bud IN L.A,

dun":1syu686j said:

dun

At least the lady in Baton Rouge spoke good understandable southern English and she was a very polite person. It just is frustrating to have to deal with computer voice mail and button punching. Yes, punch One for English, Two for Spanish. Can we VENT about that too? :?: :?:
bud

You should try getting hold of the local bank up here. By the time you push 5, and push 3, and push 7, and then they tell you to push 0 to talk to a real person. Then you get put on hold for about 20 minutes and it ends up being some East Indian down in Toronto who you can barely understand. All I want to do is talk to the local banker. The branch is only a mile from where I work. Apparently if you have the banker's business card, then you have an 'in' so you can get to talk to the local branch but they change employees down there quite a bit so no guarantees.

Speaking of local banks...after I push all the correct buttons, I wind up with the person's voice mail...I hate that.

Alice

I work in a customer oriented business - every day I see others loosing customers because they just don't know about the small things you can do to make a customer happy.

#1) BE NICE!

#2) Always smile, even when they aren't. Give it time, and the smile rubs off (not 100% proven, but I would go at least 90%).

#3) Pay attention - to them, to what they are telling you, and what they look like.

#4) Personal attention - if they feel like you actually care what they have to say, they will be back. Don't be talking about your last night events while a customer is standing there .. they don't want to know you are as unlucky with the opposite sex as you are taking care of customers.

Anyone got anything else to add?

computer voice on phone..gurrrrrrrrrr..making me run threw the house jumping over dog streched out in the floor to find out a computer wants to sell me a grave plot! or awnser the beep and its a computer voice wanting to sell you a septic tank service..was feeling left out,,, had to vent too LOL :roll:

brownmule":1bogtcbd said:
computer voice on phone..gurrrrrrrrrr..making me run threw the house jumping over dog streched out in the floor to find out a computer wants to sell me a grave plot! or awnser the beep and its a computer voice wanting to sell you a septic tank service..was feeling left out,,, had to vent too LOL :roll:

computerized grave plot sales? :shock: Ohhhhhh, that's cold! :(

Alice

It's bad enough to have to speak to someone in Pakistan that speaks poor English, but it burns my #%@ when he trys to tell me his name is Peter or John. :mad:

Even the local feedmill has gone to voice mail, push this button to talk to this person, this for that, pretty senseless if you ask me considering it is just a small place.

GMN

GMN":2q4hl7zk said:
Even the local feedmill has gone to voice mail, push this button to talk to this person, this for that, pretty senseless if you ask me considering it is just a small place.

GMN

Which mill would that be?

dun

rang the British Telecom English directory for a phone number, got a voice that was Indian and asked me where the place I asked for was, I answered Bow, London, and he answered me with 'yes where is that London'. need I say more.????

It seems everyone wants to pay Wal-Mart prices but get good customer service. I would rather wait two minutes and save the money, but most people now a days consider themselves to be entitled. The thing that makes me sick is the complete lack of manors in customers today. Did peoples parents teach them to snap there fingers?

auctionboy":377vxrex said:
The thing that makes me sick is the complete lack of manors in customers today.

Sounds like you have been around the block many times in that statement. (I think you mean manners and not manors though)

Wal-Mart was my fourth stop today. There was no other choice, except to drive to Fort Worth, so I stopped at Wal-Mart and got what I was looking for.

I've got enough nickels that I don't have worry with prices. In fact, there are times I simply do without or wait rather than buy from Wal-Mart. Sometimes some things just can't wait.

But, you can bet your boots that when I walk in a store laying down cash, I like being treated like a customer. Secondly, I sell stone as a sideline to my regular job, "The customer is always right".

If I buy something like a chainsaw, I like to buy it someplace where I can get spare parts later. Buy one at Wal-Mart and go back with questions.

If it makes you feel any better, I do like TSC, but do not buy feed there. I buy hydraulic products and other things that are not available at the feed store.

The feed store folks are really glad to see me when I drop in. With all these hogs, I've have been dropping a lot of nickels at their businesses and they appreciate me as a customer. I don't have to "snap my fingers."

backhoeboogie":39dwljc3 said:
auctionboy":39dwljc3 said:
The thing that makes me sick is the complete lack of manors in customers today.

Sounds like you have been around the block many times in that statement. (I think you mean manners and not manors though)

Wal-Mart was my fourth stop today. There was no other choice, except to drive to Fort Worth, so I stopped at Wal-Mart and got what I was looking for.

I've got enough nickels that I don't have worry with prices. In fact, there are times I simply do without or wait rather than buy from Wal-Mart. Sometimes some things just can't wait.

But, you can bet your boots that when I walk in a store laying down cash, I like being treated like a customer. Secondly, I sell stone as a sideline to my regular job, "The customer is always right".

If I buy something like a chainsaw, I like to buy it someplace where I can get spare parts later. Buy one at Wal-Mart and go back with questions.

If it makes you feel any better, I do like TSC, but do not buy feed there. I buy hydraulic products and other things that are not available at the feed store.

The feed store folks are really glad to see me when I drop in. With all these hogs, I've have been dropping a lot of nickels at their businesses and they appreciate me as a customer. I don't have to "snap my fingers."

Tell ya' what I like about TSC...if I've been negligent about picking something up before 12 noon on Saturday, like feed or milk replacer, or whatever, I know that on Sunday I can run into TSC and get whatever I need to take me over into Monday. It has it's place...as does that wretched Wal Mart.

Alice

dun":3e9jo244 said:
GMN":3e9jo244 said:

GMN

Which mill would that be?

dun

That would be the Buffalo MFA

GMN

Try out the new phone service of Embarq formerly Sprint. Live in the south east corner of Kansas. If you have a problem you might talk to some one in Fl. one time or Ill. or if you are real lucky Ca.. They do this so if you write down a name and call back if you are still having problems you are guaranteed to never speak to the same person twice. Last time I called service talked to some one in Winter Park, Fl. named Steve who said when asked, that he was in (Weanter Parrk Floreada and he could helpa me) yeah right. I dealt with Sprint years ago and even though they changed their name to Embarq the service is still the same LOUSY. Hope I havent steped on anyones toes, but had to vent.