Busy time of the year

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
We have been busy gettin cattle vaccinated and wormed, getting yearling measurements and freeze branding. CC53FF8B-1AD5-435E-9D20-9EA80CFF48C1.jpeg It seems the past few weeks has been work cattle or another doctors appointment. we have really been looking forward to a couple weeks to chill a bit. We started the chilling part with an early Thanksgiving celebration at our oldest sons river house. Beautiful place with an incredible view of the river. we Stayed last night today his brother and his family visited i cooked gumbo and our son did a low country shrimp boil. Many was it good! The grands fished and a great time was had by all. Next week we will be back to scrambling around getting everything ready for breeding season and of course Thanksgiving. I hope everyone here on CT has the opportunity to spend time with their familys for the holidays. It sure is nice to spend some quality time with my favorite people!F5CED499-369A-495C-B862-4C03A6640007.jpeg4F44BD9A-F877-4926-A147-3FCB086F7EF0.jpeg

We have been busy gettin cattle vaccinated and wormed, getting yearling measurements and freeze branding. View attachment 10452 It seems the past few weeks has been work cattle or another doctors appointment. we have really been looking forward to a couple weeks to chill a bit. We started the chilling part with an early Thanksgiving celebration at our oldest sons river house. Beautiful place with an incredible view of the river. we Stayed last night today his brother and his family visited i cooked gumbo and our son did a low country shrimp boil. Many was it good! The grands fished and a great time was had by all. Next week we will be back to scrambling around getting everything ready for breeding season and of course Thanksgiving. I hope everyone here on CT has the opportunity to spend time with their familys for the holidays. It sure is nice to spend some quality time with my favorite people!View attachment 10453View attachment 10451
Eating gumbo while chilling with a river view! Might not be anything better! Very nice scale head by the way.

We have been busy gettin cattle vaccinated and wormed, getting yearling measurements and freeze branding.
Okay I have to ask, the scale says 2360, for a yearling? That has to be a mature bull or I'm going to start doing everything exactly like you do it.;)
That looks like one happy angler!

Okay I have to ask, the scale says 2360, for a yearling? That has to be a mature bull or I'm going to start doing everything exactly like you do it.;)
That looks like one happy angler!
Lol sorry we also vaccinated the oddball pens which included our bull pens. Our senior herd sire he will be four in January tipped the scale at 2360. Two two year old bulls weighed in the 1800 range. Yearling bulls are on the schedule next week. Ella was tickled to death she caught the first fish. It was a beautiful day on the river the weather was as perfect as you could ask for.

Eating gumbo while chilling with a river view! Might not be anything better! Very nice scale head by the way.
Thanks the scale head is going back as soon as we finish the yearling bulls. See the bubble on the screen bottom left it's getting bigger. I called trutest they checked the model number and said send it back it will be repaired at no cost. That was one in a group with defective screens. We have had it for three or four years so that says a lot about the company. I was on weight only mode when I use a saved session it will give me all the info sire, dam last weight it is a powerful tool. I am a firm believer in measuring performance.

Thanks the scale head is going back as soon as we finish the yearling bulls. See the bubble on the screen bottom left it's getting bigger. I called trutest they checked the model number and said send it back it will be repaired at no cost. That was one in a group with defective screens. We have had it for three or four years so that says a lot about the company. I was on weight only mode when I use a saved session it will give me all the info sire, dam last weight it is a powerful tool. I am a firm believer in measuring performance.
Very nice system. Does it need wifi to use? We have a tru-test scale as well but ours is a basic weight only display. We really like it. Very well made and I agree they are a good company to deal with.

Attachments

• 0628170856.jpg
    0628170856.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 3
Very nice system. Does it need wifi to use? We have a tru-test scale as well but ours is a basic weight only display. We really like it. Very well made and I agree they are a good company to deal with.
It does not require WiFi I charge it prior to use snd it runs on battery power which is a good thing because we don't have power at the working pen. When we need power we have to run a generator

Awesome I may have to upgrade eventually. I love how it records lots of data per animal. Just didn't want to have to get wifi in the barn. Thanks for the info.