Bushfires in Australia

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian Cattleman

Reaction score
Tenterfield,New England Region NSW,Australia
Our state New South Wales has bushfires in several places. Some have been creeping along for well over 3 weeks now. In one area to the west of Sydney in an area called the Blue Mountains the fires kept going despite light falls of snow during the unseasonal cold snap.The closest fires to us are about 300 klms away and the next is about 400 ks away. There are about 3,500 firefighters battling these blazes. About 60 homes are under threat from the worst of the two. What happens here often,fire fighters' time is wasted on fires that are in remote areas that cause no problems to civilization.The Aboriginal people of our country (who I have the utmost respect for (the true ones that is)) They used to burn the country and it would come to life again after a fire. Eucalypt trees and our native vegetation need fire to germinate their seeds etc properly.The greenies and do gooders have done immeasureable harm to our country by having bans put on the burning of lots of areas and lots of high country national parks now don't allow summer grazing of cattle which helped alleviate lots of build up of weeds and undergrowth.
Farmers and people on the land in 99% cases look after their country and the environment. The largest environmental scourge I feel has been the cotton industry in our country. They use massive amounts of water to the detriment of down stream irrigators. ( the cotton country is about 200ks west of us) Irrigators in Queensland state have been allowed to suck the water out of river systems starting in their state and these rivers that run into our state have not a lot left. Our states only look after themselves and have no thought for every Australian. I wish all state borders went they are a nuisance. I live 10 miles from the border we do lots of business over the border. Does the US and Canada have similar state problems?
Thats my rave for the day I hope.
Colin

Yeah, the US puts a stiff import tax on the good Canadian liquor making it more expensive hence restricting its flow down my throat. :drink: :lol:

Jogeephus":sourbo1m said:
Yeah, the US puts a stiff import tax on the good Canadian liquor making it more expensive hence restricting its flow down my throat. :drink: :lol:

if you're drinking that blended Canadian rotgut instead of good Tennesee or Kentucky sour mash then you deserve to have to pay the penalty. :lol: :lol: :lol: :cboy: :lol: :lol: :lol: Z

MillIronQH":2vlvwzl6 said:
Jogeephus":2vlvwzl6 said:

if you're drinking that blended Canadian rotgut instead of good Tennesee or Kentucky sour mash then you deserve to have to pay the penalty. :lol: :lol: :lol: :cboy: :lol: :lol: :lol: Z
thats down right racist :D :D

carl

Latest posts