Buried or Cremated

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
The trend in our area is being cremated Instead of being buried, their are horror stories as to what is being done with the ashes, once the ashes are disposed of their is no way future generation can trace their ancestors, I just found my Grandparents buried in Salem Cemetary in Lavacca Co. Tx.
It was important to me to find his grave , because he came to the USA in the 1880's from Scotland. I now feel like I have a connection to Lavacca County. If he had been Creamated his burial location would have bee lost to our family. :cboy:

I plan to be buried at my church cemetery, along with my father, grandparents, great-grandparents, and great-great-grandparents.

I think a burial is biblical, and cremation is not. Not spoiling for a fight, that's just my opinion. Therefore, I plan to buried.

My daughter asked me a few days if I wanted to be buried or cremated. Told her cremated that to much land is lost each year to burying.
Next question was what to do with the ashes. I told her to go buy a load of fertilizer and put the ashes in there and blend them and scatter me across the pasture.

I'm fine with cremation but burying at least part of the ashes for a marker is my thought. It is important for the survivors.

Lately I've been thinking it might be nice to have my remains to be scattered from the air over Disney World but I don't want to be cremated. If that won't work I have some plots waiting for the day.

I want to be cremated, and my ashes spread over my pastures. I do not want to be put in the ground.
My dad was cremated in December. My mom got his ashes back, and his request was to put some of his ashes over the Oregon Dunes, where he loved to ride his 4 wheelers. It seems the urn is sealed where you CAN NOT open it, at all! My mom and both of my sister's have tried to figure out how to open it. Maybe they do that now so you can NOT spread the ashes where you want??? Not sure, but I still want to be cremated! Death is not for the living; I will be with the Lord in Heaven, not here on earth! Look to the sky and you will find me...

In 1980 I scattered my nephews ashes in a particular spot in Puget Sound. The ashes weren;t in a fancy urn, just a plastic cigar box. When his dad died his ashes were scattered in the same spot by my oldest brother. When I kick I want mine either done in the same spot or just dumped into one of rivers. If whatever legacy I have left behind requires a marker in graveyard it isn;t much of a legacy.

Bigfoot":3n1b2yik said:
I think a burial is biblical, and cremation is not. Not spoiling for a fight, that's just my opinion. Therefore, I plan to buried.

JUST ASKING! What scripture/biblical inference are you basing this on?

To my knowledge, the bible doesn't say that burial is correct, and cremation is wrong. I can't even base my belief on the fact that one day my body will be resarected. If that were to occur, say 1000 years from now. My body would be dust either way. Biblical accounts of disposing of the dead seem to revolve around burial.

Cant quote the verse without googling it. Sorry. Jesus was approached by a man that wanted to "follow" Jesus. He needed a little time to go bury his brother I think. Jesus responded let the dead bury the dead. I don't glean from that, Christians should be buried. I do glean from that, disposing of the dead is less important than following Jesus.

That may not clear up my views, but I belive in the time of Christ, Christians (including) Jesus were buried. Therefore, I plan to be buried. If somebody cremates me, it'd be fine to. It's just not my choice based on observation.

I guess I'd prefer being buried to cremated and being cremated to being digested.

Mom apparently had some doubt about me, she bought me a plot before I was 3. :lol2: After having kids of my own, I understand that it just makes sense being prepared. Like Bill Cosby said, "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

I have a plot next to my folks and baby brother in the cemetary in town. Bought a headstone with my name on it like the one my baby brother has. Only thing left to do is engrave my expiration date on it :p

There is one more spot left in the group, don't know if my sister will use it or not.

My parents were buried as were my husband's. My brother choose to be cremated. He requested some his ashes be spread at his cabin in Oklahoma and some at his farm in East Texas.

I was talking to a friend who is a practicing Catholic about cremation. He said the Catholic church is fine with cremation as long as the ashes are kept together. We Lutherans don't have any "official" restrictions on cremation or the disposition of the ashes.

Commercialfarmer":1gr7v5dp said:
I guess I'd prefer being buried to cremated and being cremated to being digested.

Mom apparently had some doubt about me, she bought me a plot before I was 3. :lol2: After having kids of my own, I understand that it just makes sense being prepared. Like Bill Cosby said, "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

You have a conundrum then-------you will be ingested and digested if buried. The little 'bugs' both in your body the day you achieve room temperature, and the airborne 'bugs' they seal up in the box with you will eat the flesh from your bones and the marrow From your bones.
chomp chomp chomp nyum nyum nyum....

I am Catholic and choose to be cremated only to prevent some sorry mortuary from robbing my family.

I really don't have an opinion either way but I do want a grave site with a headstone that is well above ground. My parents headstone is flat and the guy with the riding lawn mower goes right over the top. Every time I go there I have to clean grass clippings off the marker. Besides I have been making people go around all my life, why stop just because I am dead. I do want something really profound engraved on the headstone. I just haven't figured out the meaning of life in a few short lines yet. But I am working on it.

Latest posts