Bumps in Ears

Help Support CattleToday:

karlie45

Reaction score
I have a shorthorn heifer that has some (a lot of..) bumps in her ears. They are little bumps. They are lighter than her red skin color, but not white/clear. They are raised, (think the 'ball' of a ball-point pen) Some are small, like ball-point pen small, other get a little bigger, but not much. I tried to take a picture, but it didnt turn out. The vet will be out soon for some more TB testing (on the 11th), and I'm hoping that he can take a look at her then. By this description, does anyone have any idea of what this could be?

Some info about the heifer.
15 months old
about 1100 lbs
it's in both ears, not just one.
She was kept in a pen/pasture combo with 5 other heifers. None of the other heifers have these bumps.
She is now in a pasture with 10 animals (combination of cows/calves/15 month heifers)

Sounds like the bite marks that knats leave. When I wipe my heifers down with bug spray I make sure to get inside their ears as it can be a favorite spot for small bugs.

Yeah just sounds like bug bites. Our cattle are usually ok since they get a fly tag in each ear, but the horses get them pretty bad.

Latest posts