$#@!% Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
I knew things went too well today.... Just brought the first of the bulls home from pasture today, and they headed right back out.

Went to our far pasture today (2 hours away), and picked up the 3 bulls that were up there. 1 healthy and 2 not so healthy ones, but they were all getting around well enough and we had no trouble getting them in or loaded. Had no trouble on the road either, which is amazing considering that the truck and trailer are BOTH older than I am and that the weather is as hot as it is. Had to put air in one tire once we got loaded up there, but that is pretty minor. Then we just idled our way home, praying that everything would hold out with the load we had on.

Got them home and dropped them in the corral, where we sorted the sick one off and kicked the other two out with the other cows on the home pasture. Gotta talk to the vet about the sick one and figured that the other two would go hang with the other cows, NOT!! Wasn't an hour, and someone called, asked if we had "herefords" cause there were two with horns heading north, down the grid, and they were 1/2 mile from home. Well, figured that was just too much of a coincidence so I went and checked it out. Sure enough, they had headed north from the corral, and the gate didn't do much more than slow them down. At least they didn't wreck it completely. When I found them they had headed into the first gate they found along the road and were in on our land. They can just stay there, as they aren't hurting anything, and it is just too hot to go harass them by myself ;-) . I just looooove bulls :mad: :mad: !!

And, to top it off, found the neighbours cows in our crop. Hmmmm, maybe it was a good thing the bulls headed out :shock: . Probably wouldn't have found that out quite as quickly otherwise......

randiliana":3bge3r8e said:
I knew things went too well today.... Just brought the first of the bulls home from pasture today, and they headed right back out.

Went to our far pasture today (2 hours away), and picked up the 3 bulls that were up there. 1 healthy and 2 not so healthy ones, but they were all getting around well enough and we had no trouble getting them in or loaded. Had no trouble on the road either, which is amazing considering that the truck and trailer are BOTH older than I am and that the weather is as hot as it is. Had to put air in one tire once we got loaded up there, but that is pretty minor. Then we just idled our way home, praying that everything would hold out with the load we had on.

Got them home and dropped them in the corral, where we sorted the sick one off and kicked the other two out with the other cows on the home pasture. Gotta talk to the vet about the sick one and figured that the other two would go hang with the other cows, NOT!! Wasn't an hour, and someone called, asked if we had "herefords" cause there were two with horns heading north, down the grid, and they were 1/2 mile from home. Well, figured that was just too much of a coincidence so I went and checked it out. Sure enough, they had headed north from the corral, and the gate didn't do much more than slow them down. At least they didn't wreck it completely. When I found them they had headed into the first gate they found along the road and were in on our land. They can just stay there, as they aren't hurting anything, and it is just too hot to go harass them by myself ;-) . I just looooove bulls :mad: :mad: !!

And, to top it off, found the neighbours cows in our crop. Hmmmm, maybe it was a good thing the bulls headed out :shock: . Probably wouldn't have found that out quite as
quickly otherwise......

How hot... is too hot... in Canada? :lol:

Just messing with you... Yep bulls are always fun. Gates are nothing more than visual effects for them. :D

I hear ya...bulls...$@#$$#
how hot is to hot in Canada? About +30 (about 84F) or higher with humidity and no wind. Especially if it was only +10 just last week.

Brute 23":wg647mi1 said:
How hot... is too hot... in Canada? :lol:

Just messing with you... Yep bulls are always fun. Gates are nothing more than visual effects for them. :D

Well, today was 36*C, not sure what that translates to in F. Just know that it is hot, and heat just makes them bulls all the more obnoxious to work with ;-)

Maybe the bulls were traveling north.. you know, where it's not so hot?

You should live in Texas, you think it's hot in Canada! :cboy:

i would imagine if i was in Texas i would almost surely die from the heat. I like it cool. I like our winters. I like snow. I'm not sure i could handle that kind of heat. it would take some getting use to that is for sure.

TheBullLady":3np06rxi said:
Maybe the bulls were traveling north.. you know, where it's not so hot?

You should live in Texas, you think it's hot in Canada! :cboy:

Could be, and that is true, it was probably 5*C cooler where they came from that it was here at home today. Amazing how 2 hours can make that much difference in the temperature!!

I like it here, don't think I could handle temps much hotter than this. I guess it is all in what you are used to.

Bez>":p987vysn said:
Any time the temperature gets over 75 degrees F I start to get over heated.

:lol: :lol: About 72F for this cowboy. I hadn't gotten around to recharging the AC on my haybine tractor, but I was so excited about actually being able to cut I headed out yesterday with the windows open and a song in my heart.

Took about 10 minutes and the sweat running into my eyes got rid of the song. And it was only about 80F. I took the time this morning to recharge the AC. :lol:

Rod

80 degree down here and people will be out and about trying to get all kinds of work done and enjoying the weather. People cruising around with their windows down so they can soak up the cool air, opening windows in their houses to save on the electric bill. :D

Its amazing what we get use to even though our bodies are all built the same. :)

We were having 91 F heat and that was too much for me. I was hiding and getting none of my work done. Those were paint in the house days. It's going down to 77F this week. Now I can go out and get some fencing done. I don't know how you guys do it in the heat over 90 F. I just melt. Of course I don't feel like to much of a wimp - there's a few of you Southerners that would die in -30F weather. All what you are used to I suppose.

randiliana":19xmqkig said:

Got them home and dropped them in the corral, where we sorted the sick one off and kicked the other two out with the other cows on the home pasture. Gotta talk to the vet ab
out the sick one and figured that the other two would go hang with the other cows, NOT!! Wasn't an hour, and someone called, asked if we had "herefords" cause there were two with horns heading north, down the grid, and they were 1/2 mile from home. Well, figured that was just too much of a coincidence so I went and checked it out. Sure enough, they had headed north from the corral, and the gate didn't do much more than slow them down. At least they didn't wreck it completely. When I found them they had headed into the first gate they found along the road and were in on our land. They can just stay there, as they aren't hurting anything, and it is just too hot to go harass them by myself ;-) . I just looooove bulls :mad: :mad: !!

And, to top it off, found the neighbours cows in our crop. Hmmmm, maybe it was a good thing the bulls headed out :shock: . Probably wouldn't have found that out quite as quickly otherwise......

There's something to be said for AI! :lol: We have a bull with a broken ear this year. I've never seen that before. He and his brother must have had a good fight. :roll:

Victoria":1axnd250 said:
There's something to be said for AI! :lol: We have a bull with a broken ear this year. I've never seen that before. He and his brother must have had a good fight. :roll:

I would AI, but it is pretty much impossible to do it when the cows are 2 hours away. Just can't take the time out to live up there, and we don't have the pasture here to handle all the cows for breeding season. So I guess we are stuck with the bulls :) .

That is a new one for me too. Don't think that I have ever seen that before either, a few infected ears, but no broken ones.... It is amazing what they can do to themselves or each other :shock:

DiamondSCattleCo":1a48bsci said:
Bez>":1a48bsci said:
Any time the temperature gets over 75 degrees F I start to get over heated.

:lol: :lol: About 72F for this cowboy. I hadn't gotten around to recharging the AC on my haybine tractor, but I was so excited about actually being able to cut I headed out yesterday with the windows open and a song in my heart.

Took about 10 minutes and the sweat running into my eyes got rid of the song. And it was only about 80F. I took the time this morning to recharge the AC. :lol:

Rod

In the heat of summer around here, 80F is the low temp for the day. You wake up and it's 80. This has been an unusually humid summer, owing to the rains. It has been drier her for the last couple of days.

My humid-o-meter:
Hair straight - very low humidity 40-60% (happens in winter mainly)
Hair waivy but still can control - about 70% humidity
Hair does things you don't want it to do - 80% humidity
Medusa hair, looks like writhing snakes - over 80% humidity (forget about it and wear a hat)
I have bought several new hats this summer. :roll:

I don't need a weather forcast. I just go outside for a minute, come back inside and look at the hair. It has emotional problems.