Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Gunn

Reaction score
Anybody have any ideas on what kind of calves are selling the best right now as far as commercial cattle. I've got a char right now, but thinking about changing to get some new blood. Thanks.

Go to your local auction barn and see what's bringing the most $$. Some areas black hided cattle sell best. Just depends on your area and who's buying.

Gunn":2hdsuy65 said:
Anybody have any ideas on what kind of calves are selling the best right now as far as commercial cattle. I've got a char right now, but thinking about changing to get some new blood. Thanks.
what kind of momas you got

it doesnt matter whats selling good right now, calves wont be here til next year.

Gunn":mw7v7xs9 said:

Why are you thinking of changing? That might help people make recommendations.

tennessee the $$$ is black angus.... charolais next. unless your having poor calves or selling at the wrong time, you shouldnt notice much difference.

funky 4-Her":2fcg2jwj said:
Herefords are on top around here.
Just to show how things vary around our free country you just about cant give herefords away here.

somn":iwxtz8th said:
funky 4-Her":iwxtz8th said:
Herefords are on top around here.
Just to show how things vary around our free country you just about cant give herefords away here.
^^I double that.^^

Anything black sells nicely around here. Herefords/hereford crosses (even black baldies) dont sell well at all. We dont have any char breeders around so I couldnt tell ya.

Latest posts