bulls with an attitude

Help Support CattleToday:

I read an earlier post about someone wanting to sell a cow because she was protective of her calf. This post is about selling a bull that blows a little at feeding time. As long as the bull throws good calves keep him. If he starts to wonder and jump fences then sell him. Livestock are not your friends.

dun":37i7yq2o said:
My reasoning is that if his behaviour is enough to make you ask questions that he needs to go.

Really good point! The bull can sense your insecurity, and if your not sure, then he needs to go before someone gets hurt.

ive got a friend that had a reg beefmaster bull puff up at him in the pasture.so later he got the cows up in the pen to work them.the bull bellowed an pawed the ground in the pen.so he cut him out an sent him to the sale.

yesterday morning when i went out to feed the feeders, my red bull had jumped the gate from the pasture, broke the top board on the gate and was walking around with the feeders, my guess was that a heifer was in heat. he is just turning into a pain in the donkey at this time. i should have just left him in there he would have been easier to load sat. from there

a little more about the bull he is not my red poll or herfy, just so jovid does not get the wrong impression he is a high % chi sinmmi bull that came with a group od cows i bought last year. the red poll and the herfy are 2 of the calmest bulls i have ever owned.

angusdave63":3r0s3s3w said:
a little more about the bull he is not my red poll or herfy, just so jovid does not get the wrong impression he is a high % chi sinmmi bull that came with a group od cows i bought last year. the red poll and the herfy are 2 of the calmest bulls i have ever owned.

Glad you cleared that up.....sure didn't sound like a Red Poll bull to me....... :D :D :D

hope i don't offend anyone john but i am blaming it on the chi, part. he went for a ride yesterday and the check is sitting here in the desk drawer, thew red poll is walking around with the hereford cows today and the char cow that i breed him to last spring is bagging up real nice. when she calves i will get a few pics.

ousoonerfan22":27pbf0ey said:
If I didn't trust the bull .

shouldn't ever trust any bull, that's how people get killed.. get in with a bull they trust-- and has been puppy dog tame for 7 years.. then bam one day he goes ape shat on you...

Wild bulls are better than tame bulls-- wild bulls fear humans, not 'play' with them.

kciD":18znu0gb said:
ousoonerfan22":18znu0gb said:

shouldn't ever trust any bull, that's how people get killed.. get in with a bull they trust-- and has been puppy dog tame for 7 years.. then bam one day he goes ape shat on you...

Wild bulls are better than tame bulls-- wild bulls fear humans, not 'play' with them.
i go the other way,id rather have a dog gentle bull than a wild 1.if a bull is to wild or has any wild in him at all then he will pass that on to his calves.an wild crazy cows is unacceptable.i bought a bull that was dog gentle in 2007 an kept him till 2010.an all of his calves was gentle.when i buy a bull again sometime this year he will be pretty much dog gentle.but that does not mean that i trust a bull.it means ill walk an ride around them when i need to.

bigbull338":3sshm9xv said:
kciD":3sshm9xv said:
ousoonerfan22":3sshm9xv said:

i go the other way,id rather have a dog gentle bull than a wild 1.if a bull is to wild or has any wild in him at all then he will pass that on to his calves.an wild crazy cows is unacceptable.i bought a bull that was dog gentle in 2007 an kept him till 2010.an all of his calves was gentle.when i buy a bull again sometime this year he will be pretty much dog gentle.but that does not mean that i trust a bull.it means ill walk an ride around them when i need to.
Gotta agree with ya here....

there is a difference between 'a 'wild' animal attitude', and a just plain crazy nuts one..

All of you great people ever hear of EXT?

Latest posts