Bulldozer Question

Help Support CattleToday:

I expect this to vary greatly from all areas, but i am in the dozing business up here, and it's about 100$ an hour and some are more, but there are some running d6's for 80$ it depends on how much work you have. how much you want to work. and what you are happy making.

No dozer of mine moves for under $250.00 per hour 2 hour minimum before it gets loaded and I currectly am dozing a tract of land over 100 acres but I did that on a job basis. I generally do not like to do by the hour I prefer to bid by the job. If someone wants to pay hourly rate they gotta pay. I can't see anyone making any money on $80 -$100 per hour unless you go really slow cause putting fuel in the tractor trailer and dozer will eat that up fast. Denver I bought another toy to do this big job I will post a pic in here in a second once it uploads.

The 80$ guys are just trying to pay there bills and they are making a little. But knowone anywhere around here gets 250$ an hour for a d6 size machine, that would be great, but most farmers around here can't pay it. and i agree we bid everything we can and avoid the hourly deal.

skyhightree1":3ct64tt8 said:
Now i see the 250$ an hour a little different. I have more hours than i can remember on one just like that sky. Have you been around many big deere dozer like that?

Denver I have a jd 450 thats the only jd I had before this one. I normally just run my cat and my dozer operator told me this is a good one to use to clear so I bought it I have never ran it or been on it Its on a job since the day I bought it and after I finish job I am selling it to another contractor. even the jd 450 which is the baby wont move for under 200.00 stuff costs too much lol

skyhightree1":kw7l2b6e said:
Denver I have a jd 450 thats the only jd I had before this one. I normally just run my cat and my dozer operator told me this is a good one to use to clear so I bought it I have never ran it or been on it Its on a job since the day I bought it and after I finish job I am selling it to another contractor. even the jd 450 which is the baby wont move for under 200.00 stuff costs too much lol
I think up to a 750 size deere is the best you can get, and over that i really believe cat has them beat, and i have alot of hours on both and fixing both. But for what you are doing i'm sure it will do fine and work out good.

yea so far no problems hopefully I wont have any lol If so I may have to send you a plane ticket lol Hows business going out there?

skyhightree1":ul000cph said:
yea so far no problems hopefully I wont have any lol If so I may have to send you a plane ticket lol Hows business going out there?
Business is great, we have more construction work than we can get done and all for one guy that looks like he is going to keep us busy for nearly 2 years. and we have been getting some smaller jobs to go with it that are hard to get time for, but we are trying to get a couple more pieces of equipment and a little help so we can get to all of it. It sure is good to have work when you have gone as long as we have without much.

Denver I am glad you are knee deep in it. I gotta tell you this has been my busiest year for big jobs since like 2010 seems things are picking back up slowly.

We hadn't had much good work since early 09. and i don't expect it to stay this good, gas climbing and the stock market breaking records like it is feals alot like 08 again.

skyhightree1":1kw9yau3 said:
thats one thing i want is a excavator I don't really have a use for one but just want one lol
You can really do alot with one, imo deere/hitachi are by far the best. and a 200 size machine is the most versitile.

skyhightree1":3jcgs55r said:
yea for now that excavator will remain on the wish list for a while lol
My wish list is to get all of our work done someday, keep what trucks and equipment we want for the farm sell the rest and stay home and take care of the cattle. you know we really took this over talking to each other about what we are doing, oh well we answerd the qustion at the begining and thats just kinda how this works here.

Latest posts