Grease Gun Question

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this new LockNLube Easy-Prime grease gun. I guess its new I just found it:unsure:
I've got their LockNLube grease coupler, and it works good. I have a heck of a time with some grease tubes.
I've got 3 different guns setup for different things, and the old cheap ones are the easiest to prime than the top of the line Lincoln, that I use the most.
BTW, I'm going to order their air chuck, hope it works as good as the grease coupler.

I don't have problems with manual or air grease guns so I haven't looked for that. The grease couplers are good and bad. They lock on OK but still leak some grease on a few zerks. The problem on the Lock and Lube coupler is the large size. It is impossible to get to U joints through safety guards or on recessed zerks.

I don't have problems with manual or air grease guns so I haven't looked for that. The grease couplers are good and bad. They lock on OK but still leak some grease on a few zerks. The problem on the Lock and Lube coupler is the large size. It is impossible to get to U joints through safety guards or on recessed zerks.
Yep, for some things it is too big, From my limited experience most of the time if it leaks, its either dirt/nick on zerk

I have 4 grease guns. Its embarrassing but that is what it takes do do my disc and and old John Deere planter. One is dedicated with a 90 Degree attachment. One has a flex hose. One has a rigid tube. One has a flex hose and a LockNLube. The last one gets used as much as possible but as mentioned, it just won't fit in a lot of situations. The easiest to prime is one that I have had 30 years.

To prime your top of the line lincoln, leave the screw on top loose and open the bleed valve. That works most of the time. I have one and don't care for it much.

This has been my experience as well. Sometimes the jaws get loose and that causes them to leak as well.

My current pet peeve with grease guns is they all seem to leak back past the stopper in the tube so when your "out" of grease and draw the plunger back it pulls several ounces out the bottom in a glob on your hands. Grease has gotten expensive and it makes a huge mess. Drives me nuts, I use a lot of grease! I bought a JD brand one with a volume/high pressure toggle. So far it has done the best but only has a few months on it so time will tell.

I like Alemite manual guns and have been really fond of my Lincoln pneumatic gun. Hundreds of tubes of grease ran through that thing.

This is my favorite style coupler. Will fit pretty much anywhere and they don't typically leak.

Last edited:
I've got a few manual guns but mainly use a Milwaukee M12 grease auto gun. It empties a tube so good you barely get your hands dirty when changing tubes. I have a love hate relationship with the lock n lube coupler. Someone needs to make a quick change chuck for grease guns.

That was to rich for my blood, so I bought the Heavy Duty LockNLube grease gun. Sorry I can't help you there. I got the extra long grease coupler. The coupler works for most situations, but I did have to make up a short hose with a standard coupler on it for some situations.

That was to rich for my blood, so I bought the Heavy Duty LockNLube grease gun. Sorry I can't help you there. I got the extra long grease coupler. The coupler works for most situations, but I did have to make up a short hose with a standard coupler on it for some situations.
All the Locknlube stuff is a little pricey.

Latest posts