Bulldozer Question

Help Support CattleToday:

denvermartinfarms":1v4u1xyl said:
skyhightree1":1v4u1xyl said:
yea for now that excavator will remain on the wish list for a while lol
My wish list is to get all of our work done someday, keep what trucks and equipment we want for the farm sell the rest and stay home and take care of the cattle. you know we really took this over talking to each other about what we are doing, oh well we answerd the qustion at the begining and thats just kinda how this works here.

Sorry cowboy for hijacking your thread

All answers are good ones, the reason I asked, my son is getting a cat d6-e . I was just curious what others were getting for theirs, he is considering $125 an hour, I know you can not over price for yourself, but you can over price what a land owner will pay , because their is someone that will undercut your price, Starting out new you have to build a clienttell and have a good reputation, because a lot of your future business will be created by word of mouth.

cowboy43":1owbhzr7 said:
All answers are good ones, the reason I asked, my son is getting a cat d6-e . I was just curious what others were getting for theirs, he is considering $125 an hour, I know you can not over price for yourself, but you can over price what a land owner will pay , because their is someone that will undercut your price, Starting out new you have to build a clienttell and have a good reputation, because a lot of your future business will be created by word of mouth.
About all you can do is see what his competitors are getting and go from there, and figure out what you are happy working for.

skyhightree1":12cr0ahp said:
yea what do you think about that?
Well I have a friend that runs a 650g jd for 65 an hour and makes money, so that's comparable to the d5. On the d8 I'm guessing it is a older low track model and it may not get run wide open. The way I see it is if these are older paid for machines and all the owners cost's are Is fuel, repairs, wear parts, insurance, and his time he could still be making a little money, I don't know but that's my best guess.

While we are on this here are some of our hourly rates on a few of our machines. Tri axle dump truck, tracked skid steer, backhoe, d4 size dozer,943 track loader, are all 80$ an hour. 953 track loader, d5 high track 6 way dozer, are 100$ a hour, and 963 track loader, 200 class excavator is 125 a hour. These are close to everyone around here and about all anyone will pay by by the hour. But we can do a little better on a bid job.

cowboy43":1fskmdon said:

I understand about that going into business but at the same time he still needs to be comparable to the current rates in the area going cheap can bite you in the butt because if he breaks something tears up something all his efforts were in vain. Just like Denver said I strongly discourage hourly rates and would rather do it by the job. I mean after all hes out to make money. I was always told by my family go cheap you go wrong and if too cheap some people question your ability to do the job. I have too much overhead and expenses to do stuff for real cheap with that being said I have a soft heart for older people and realize some are on a fixed income I sometimes do things just for cost of the fuel.

denvermartinfarms":1io3mzlm said:
skyhightree1":1io3mzlm said:
yea what do you think about that?
Well I have a friend that runs a 650g jd for 65 an hour and makes money, so that's comparable to the d5. On the d8 I'm guessing it is a older low track model and it may not get run wide open. The way I see it is if these are older paid for machines and all the owners cost's are Is fuel, repairs, wear parts, insurance, and his time he could still be making a little money, I don't know but that's my best guess.

Good Point

Latest posts