Bull sales question

Help Support CattleToday:

darcelina4

Reaction score
So I'm looking for a bull. I'm on a budget so not going for a high dollar bull but still think I can get a nice one I can afford. I want a red bull. Registered. polled. Low birthweight. Deciding between Red Angus, fleckvieh, shorthorn, or beefmaster. I have a varied herd of cows. I've communicated with some great folks so far. But then there are some others that make me wonder. Is it them with the problem or is it me? Some are selling bulls that they didnt even bother to get a birthweight when it was born. They dont know what they weigh now. On commercial bulls. I would get that but I would expect to pay accordingly. If you are raising registered stock and selling as breeding bulls, dont you have some obligation to weigh every calf? I think asking $2500 for a yearling bull that you dont have basic information about is ridiculous. Am I wrong?

I think asking $2500 for a yearling bull that you dont have basic information about is ridiculous. Am I wrong?
Nope. Reputable breeders collect a plethora of performance data, are intimately familiar with their cattle AND willingly share that knowledge with their customers. Good luck in your search for a bull that pleases you.

Latest posts