Bull post fever 927N Recent pics added

Help Support CattleToday:

EAT BEEF

Reaction score
bbfarms388.jpg

927N a Gladiator son out of a Emblazon cow.

TNMasterBeefProducer
What does a heavy pinched girth do to a good bull? In another words what do you look for in the Girth area and what does it have to do with good bloodlines or breeding.

"a tad pinched in the heart girth"

TNMasterBeefProducer":2zr3y5d7 said:
The larger the heart girth measurement the more the animal weighs.

The larger the heart girth the more room there is for the vital organs to develope to optimal size and function.

This equates to well adapted easy keeping cattle that are in endocrine balance.

I think you folks are reacting to a shadow. I think it looks like a fine herd sire not too big or too small. Nothing wrong with that bull. I would guess you have him for his heifers

PennBranch":2ldxto6t said:
I think you folks are reacting to a shadow. I think it looks like a fine herd sire not too big or too small. Nothing wrong with that bull. I would guess you have him for his heifers

Your right his heifers are pretty decent. as for heart girth I feel he has more than enough,but thats just my opinion.If heart girth is an indicator of grass conversion effciency he's never had a bite of grain that I know of and has wintered the last three years on standing burmuda without hay or supplement.

I'll see if I can find another pic.

PennBranch":3qpqcazi said:
actually there was only one folk that was reacting... i like the bull personally

It is a pretty good bull i don't htink he is pinched in the heart and girht and his rear end looks fine. He does lack a little bit of masculinity in his head. Its a good bull especially if he does that without supplement.

I do agree that his head looks a little feminine, but other than that he looks like a really good bull

I think he has more heart girth than some originally thought, enough rear, thickness, and capacity. As for his head, NO OFFENSE to anyone, but I've seen very few Angus bulls with a masculine head anyway. Especially if you put them beside a curly haired classic Hereford head.