Bull for brangus cross cows and heifers?

Help Support CattleToday:

samuse

Reaction score
Hey all, I have about 28 momma cows and ten heifers that are mostly brangus with a little hereford. They're either black, black with white face, or splotchy face.

I would like to keep some heifers back to make cows out of and sell the steers at the sale barn.

I'm torn between a hereford or a braford bull. Even considered a Santa Gertrudis. Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm in central Texas.

have you looked at beefmaster bull.with your cows you should get some nice replacement heifers.

Of the the choices you listed I'd say Hereford. Going back on them with a Brangus bull is something else to consider.

Brangus or Ultra Black would be my choice. Depending on the build of you girls already, I would look for a bull that would compliment them based on THEIR body type. If they are on the larger frame size, I would try and bring the calves down a notch with the bull. Same with excess leather.

Oh and :welcome:

Can't go wrong with a Brangus, or even an Angus depending on what part of C. Texas you're in. Ultrablacks are the best of both worlds if you can find some!

Latest posts