Bull Drinking Cow's Milk!

Help Support CattleToday:

From an economic standpoint, it would depend on how good of a bull he was. If you paid lots for him and he'd be expensive to replace, I might try putting one of those 'plastic nose weaners' on him. I've heard that just ringing the bull can do the same thing. However, if he's just a cheap run-of-the-mill animal, probably be better to just ship him and buy a new one.

All this touchy feely stuff does not work - ship that piece of crap!! I do not care if he cost $100,000 - strip him of all the semen you want first and toss him.

Who cares what caused the problem -time to solve it.

Bet he did not top $1500 anyways.

Never let him in the field with the cows - he will likely NEVER stop.

There are so danged many folks that want to "council" an animal - makes me wonder.

You want to keep him and let him roam the cows - put 6 - 8 inch spikes on a belt and strap in on his nose - better - sew it onto his nose with 200 pound test nylon line so he cannot rip it off.

Heck you folks will begin to think I am touchy about "finding some touchy feely" solution for a 1900 pound Pookie. But really - is there anyone who would want this thing?

I see the originator of this thread has yet to come back to respond,

Bez!

How long have you had him. My neighboor took his bull back to the breeder and he replaced him with another bull. Bad thing is , that bull nursed the cows too. I would call the breeder if it has not been long since you bought him and ask him what he is willing to do. it is worth a try.

msscamp":2uiza39c said:
Bez!":2uiza39c said:

Bez!

Yeah, I noticed that, too. :???:

Did you happen to notice what 8 out of the first 10 responses were? He or she probably went somewhere where they could get a serious answer to a problem that was undoubtably bothering them enough to come to a public forum and ask it. They were probably told to go to the Cattle Forum, those guys know alot and will be more than willing to help you out.

eric":xwz7ave3 said:
msscamp":xwz7ave3 said:
Bez!":xwz7ave3 said:

Bez!

Did you happen to notice what 8 out of the first 10 responses were? He or she probably went somewhere where they could get a serious answer to a problem that was undoubtably bothering them enough to come to a public forum and ask it. They were probably told to go to the Cattle Forum, those guys know alot and will be more than willing to help you out.

While the answers had some humor in them, the first two were directly to the point - separate / ship him asap.

I figure the style of the answers was not the problem - I believe the answers were not what this person wanted to hear.

Too many fall in love with the animal and want to solve the problem while forgetting the animal will not likely follow verbal or written instructions.

Bez!

I Might not fall in love with the bull, but if he cost cost me 10 grand I could kind a like him.

Long time back I have seen them put hog rings in their tongue. Kind of back and down on the sides in the muscle part. Might be kind of hard to restrain a full grown bull for this unles you sedate him.

eric":3570sosx said:
msscamp":3570sosx said:
Bez!":3570sosx said:

Bez!

Yes Eric, I did. The questioned was answered and people had a little fun. I don't mean to be dumb or insensitive here, but I fail to see what's wrong with that.

WannabRnchr":m0ybqryq said:
We have a black angus bull (about 3 years old). He's sired 16 calves, but did we get a surprise the other day. The bull was sucking milk from one of the mama cow's teets right beside the calf! We caught him again two days later, we don't know if it was the same cow though.

Is this detrimental to the cow? Will she lose weight trying to produce milk for a calf and the bull? Will the calf suffer? The bull is stud to 25 cows and he's in the pasture with them year round.

Does he have a nose ring?we have had good luck with them to get cows to stop nursing other cows .good luck.

eric":2us3p9cu said:
msscamp":2us3p9cu said:
Bez!":2us3p9cu said:

Bez!

I agree with Bez, they were probably answers the poster didn't like. There are a lot of people who post once and disappear, I think for the same reason. I still wonder what happened to the calves in the U-Haul post. :(

Latest posts