Bull calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Anybody have a clue what just happened here..........................By who's request??????????????????

I was following this thread with interest, I certainly didn't see anything wrong with it....... please tell us WHY Vicky???

TexasBred":2yjk0osn said:
LazyARanch":2yjk0osn said:
will not be posting any further per request, been nice talkin' to you all
Man..this is a first. "By who's request"?????

Unless maybe her husband was lurking on the thread and felt like his cattle were being disrespected. That's the only explanation I can think of.

We have a lot more of that going on around here that some of ya'll realize. ;-)

3waycross":37zv7ei9 said:
TexasBred":37zv7ei9 said:
LazyARanch":37zv7ei9 said:
will not be posting any further per request, been nice talkin' to you all
Man..this is a first. "By who's request"?????

Unless maybe her husband was lurking on the thread and felt like his cattle were being disrespected. That's the only explanation I can think of.

We have a lot more of that going on around here that some of ya'll realize. ;-)

Sad.

I apologize to all of you for the abrupt comment and departure.

3Way hit the nail on the head.

He felt I was putting way too much weight on some of stuff I read on here. Not that it's been a bad deal, but
because he's a very private person.

He asked, I agreed.

I will continue to visit and read and further my education. i will not be posting any further pics, or adding to any posts.

I do enjoy most of you! And thank you for sharing thoughts, ideas and friendship.

Sincerely,
Vickie

LazyARanch":1r994o2l said:

He felt I was putting way too much weight on some of stuff I read on here. Not that it's been a bad deal, but

He asked, I agreed.

I will continue to visit and read and further my education. i will not be posting any further pics, or adding to any posts.

I do enjoy most of you! And thank you for sharing thoughts, ideas and friendship.

Sincerely,
Vickie

Vickie,

Unfortunately, many of the members of this forum are only capable of seeing things, whether about cattle or life in general, from one narrow point of view....their own. Don't let them discourage you. There are others on here just as capable of seeing a broader picture and opening themselves up to other possibilities. That said, I can understand how you and your husband feel. Sometimes it just doesn't seem worth it, does it?

I do wish you'd reconsider not posting anymore, though. Your input is just as valuable as anyone else's.

LazyARanch- Unfortunately, welcome to the club.

I would bet that 90% of the spouses of posters on CT feel much like your husband.(and the other 10% are using the site for personal promotion)

I surely went through a tense period after a humorous? post involving my spouse.

Please don't forward this post to her even now.

I respect your respect and encourage you to do what you think is best but hope to see at least questions or comments from you at some time in the future.

LazyARanch":2iuz6eqh said:

He asked, I agreed.

Sincerely,
Vickie

Do like a few others. If it ain't yours, condemn it. And if you have none just post pictures of someone else's stuff and ask "what do you think about this". :lol: :lol:

Thank you for respecting your husbands wishes, lots of folks could learn a quick lesson about the good life from that one. :nod:
I don't respond to pictures of cattle to often(unless I'm poking fun at someone I already kind of know) because they don't tell the whole story. A guy two hours away sent me pictures of his cattle and I saw one out of twenty that I REALLY liked. I told him I'd come get at least her but after I saw them all in person she was one of my least favorites and I took her only because I told him I would. Some of the best cattle in the bunch looked like junk in the pictures. Go feel out your local market and make cattle that fit it well and don't worry about what the rest of us think.

cow pollinater":32h3z9kz said:
Thank you for respecting your husbands wishes, lots of folks could learn a quick lesson about the good life from that one. :nod:
I don't respond to pictures of cattle to often(unless I'm poking fun at someone I already kind of know) because they don't tell the whole story. A guy two hours away sent me pictures of his cattle and I saw one out of twenty that I REALLY liked. I told him I'd come get at least her but after I saw them all in person she was one of my least favorites and I took her only because I told him I would. Some of the best cattle in the bunch looked like junk in the pictures. Go feel out your local market and make cattle that fit it well and don't worry about what the rest of us think.

Couldn't agree more. I think cattle are the least photogenic creatures on the planet. I have found, when buying cattle the ones that look the best in the picture are seldom the ones I buy.

nothing really wrong with those calve's,,, just some things to concider before you think about him as a herd sire.... the biggest for me would be the purity of him.. dont quit posting :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":23n9mp1k said:
nothing really wrong with those calve's,,, just some things to concider before you think about him as a herd sire.... the biggest for me would be the purity of him.. dont quit posting :cowboy:

Maybe no more impure than some who have got the registration papers and Titan 23D back in their pedigree. There's LOTS of breeding bulls used every year that are "impure". Balancers, Black Herefords, and all of these other black bulls whose breeds were once some other color. Take it a step further and you could include Brangus, Beefmaster, and Gerts, etc.

In a purely commercial situation, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Until you see the calves on the ground, you won't know exactly what you have as a breeding bull. But I would say the same thing about most of these papered purebreds whose pedigrees reek of heterozygosity, particularly if the breeding choices made in their creation have been made primarily to "get the numbers right"!

George

Herefords.US":1zk5qsj7 said:
ALACOWMAN":1zk5qsj7 said:

Maybe no more impure than some who have got the registration papers and Titan 23D back in their pedigree. There's LOTS of breeding bulls used every year that are "impure". Balancers, Black Herefords, and all of these other black bulls whose breeds were once some other color. Take it a step further and you could include Brangus, Beefmaster, and Gerts, etc.

In a purely commercial situation, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Until you see the calves on the ground, you won't know exactly what you have as a breeding bull. But I would say the same thing about most of these papered purebreds whose pedigrees reek of heterozygosity, particularly if the breeding choices made in their creation have been made primarily to "get the numbers right"!

George
i am a commercial breeder,,, and that would make me concerned even more

Herefords.US":3cneqwza said:
ALACOWMAN":3cneqwza said:

George

scan0033.jpg

George. Is this what you mean and does it infuriate you as much as it does me.

ALACOWMAN":1jvfe5oe said:
i i i i i i i i i dont understand idaman..... what does that have to do with this paticular calf :cowboy:
I'm wondering where the recip mama plays in this game.

Latest posts