Bull and Heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
Haven't been on here in a long while really. Been busy, switched jobs, moved to Oklahoma. Thought I'd share a couple of my brother's animals with yall.

Here are a bull and heifer owned by my brother, they are full sibs. He picked out the dam as a 4mo calf at side, bought with his own money. He picked which bull to breed to, and decided to go back the same way.

Bull (dam's 1st calf)
He has been Grand Champion Bull at 4 of the 5 youth shows he's been in this year
Born Sept. 2010, picture taken Nov. 2011
vesuvius.jpg

Heifer (dam's 2nd calf)
Shown once, got 2nd out of 10
Born Sept 2011, pictures taken early March 2012
athena1.jpg

athena2.jpg

Hope you enjoy. Any comments, critiques or questions always welcomed.

Ryan

Thanks. I should mention, my brother is 17, picked out the dam when was 14 years old.

Ryan

Thanks for the comments.

Jeanne,
After the farm store outside Fort Worth, TX I am now in Chickasha, Ok (southwest of OKC) at Livestock Nutrition Center. We do bulk commodity blend feeds in Oklahoma, and some Arkansas and some Texas. Stay out of the LH stuff as much as possible these days, except for the random times I help my dad, and doing some occasional picture taking.

Ryan

Ryan-

Glad to hear from you!

We must be having harmonious thought processes because I have been thinking of you for several weeks, off and on, and wondered if you were still perfecting those Longhorns! I wish you good fortune in your new endeavors, and think that you should be using your excellent beef cattle knowledge to improve beef genetics - also!

DOC HARRIS

Hey Doc,

Thank you for the well wishes. I hope everything is going well your way, too. About the only longhorns I see or have any part of are my dad's, and that is about once a month. But I still help him with breeding decisions. There is no way I will be able to stay away from good cattle. That might be the best part of my job now, getting out to production sales our customers are having and looking at their great cattle.

Ryan

Latest posts