Bucket List

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
For the past few weeks the doctor had me unneccesarily worried that I might have leukemia cause some blood tests looked bad. His concern was somewhat contagious and I began to worry a little and it made me do some reflecting and thinking about some things I normally don't think about. One of which is my bucket list. I was wondering if you have one and if so what's on it? For me, my number one thing is something I can't do being I'm hitched. It had to do with going to Ireland and drinking copious amounts of beer and having a grand time. Second in line is buying a real nice pickup and easing my way across the US with Her Sweetnesty and visiting folks and seeing what there is to see. I'd like to see the redwoods, catch some nice trout, see Yosemite and just see where some of the back roads lead us. I'd probably want to stop by and see some of you along the way at least till I wore out my welcome. :nod: How bout ya'll? Got a bucket list?

I have a similar mental list, it's things that I now know I won;t live long enough to do. I refer to by a name similar to yours but the spelling is a bit different. Kind of like "well bucket"

Great news for sure. My bucket list is go back to Alaska, quite a beautiful place especially as hot an dry as its been.
But pretty dawg-gone good right here with family an friends.

I would just like to be able to finish everything I've already started. Just like I planned it.

I had a great great grand aunt, that sat down and wrote her autobiography, in her own words, just the way she would have said them if you were carrying on a conversation. Though it is not over twelve pages long, it is the neatest thing I've ever read. I learned a great deal about her that I would have never known, no matter how many people I talked to that knew her. I have always wished all my ancestors had done the same and would like to do it myself before I'm gone. I've thought about a video and may do that also, but I don't think it will stand the test of time as well.

Glad you are OK Jo.

dun":t5qr2j58 said:
I have a similar mental list, it's things that I now know I won;t live long enough to do. I refer to by a name similar to yours but the spelling is a bit different. Kind of like "well bucket"

I got one of those too Dun. Has a lot of fences on it hat have tree tops on them. :lol2:

If you ever get some news like that it will make you stop and think a little.

Seeing Alaska would be nice. Just added that to my list. :nod:

Jo sure glad you are ok. My bucket list is a lot like yours, see the national parks. I had two uncles that drove to west coast then put their vehicle on a ferry to Alaska then drove to Barrow and back down the Alcan highway. I would like to do that. Nice to dream. :D

Jogeephus":2s7c2ewp said:
Had some of that 12 years ago when they told me the bottom half of my heart was dead and would never work again and that without bypass surgery I would be a cardiac cripple, if I lived.

dun":u5y1cjiy said:
Jogeephus":u5y1cjiy said:
Had some of that 12 years ago when they told me the bottom half of my heart was dead and would never work again and that without bypass surgery I would be a cardiac cripple, if I lived.
so thats what happened they took your heart completely out :lol: :lol:

glad to hear everything is ok Jo

Also add to the "glad you are OK" list.

As far as bucket list, it is interesting how we all differ. My bucket list, if there was one, would probably center around NOT traveling and being able to spend more time on the farm.

However. if going to Ireland is high on your list, grab the wife, go to the courthouse, get a couple passports (if you don't have them already) and GO!! Traveling back and forth to Europe gets much less expensive in the fall and you get a better picture of real life there after the tourist season.

I would strongly urge you to sell a couple head if necessary, scout around online for some discount tickets and GO!

Hope the health news stays good.

Jim

Jo...this is Mr. Wisteria...Glad to hear that you are ok, I think about my bucket list every day . When my mom passed away early this year she always worked hard, but never enjoyed herself ore thought about retirement. Cancer came & took her away from us. When I get the chance I travel with the wife and kids. I am trying to teach myself to not take my life so seriously and enjoy family and friends. Life is just too short. Sorry to be so long winded but been there done that.

upfrombottom":3dqca0zu said:
I would just like to be able to finish everything I've already started. Just like I planned it.

I had a great great grand aunt, that sat down and wrote her autobiography, in her own words, just the way she would have said them if you were carrying on a conversation. Though it is not over twelve pages long, it is the neatest thing I've ever read. I learned a great deal about her that I would have never known, no matter how many people I talked to that knew her. I have always wished all my ancestors had done the same and would like to do it myself before I'm gone. I've thought about a video and may do that also, but I don't think it will stand the test of time as well.

Glad you are OK Jo.
This is Mrs. Wisteria...
I've ALWAYS wanted to do just as your aunt did. I had so much happen in my "early" life that its hard to tell the kids...yet I know as they get older they may try to piece things together and not get their facts right. Just a whole lot of things that brought me to where I am today. I always think about doing that very thing...I'm convinced more than ever that I should and put it in the safe-deposit box.

I used to have a bunch of things that could have comprised a list.......few of them really peak my interest anymore and the rest don't matter. I guess I'm just waiting for the time to come to kick it...

Jo, glad to hear that the test came back OK. I had a similar experience several years back and it makes you stop and think about what is really important. As far as a bucket list goes, most of it is fairly simple with the exception of wanting to go to Israel someday.

Oh by the way, did I mention that my list includes going bow hunting with our grandkids when they get big enough? The oldest one will turn 6 next month and we've had a ball this weekend shooting BB guns and I even broke out the ole 223 and a box of cast bullets.

1982vett":uqrhh7en said:
I used to have a bunch of things that could have comprised a list.......few of them really peak my interest anymore and the rest don't matter. I guess I'm just waiting for the time to come to kick it...

Vett I'm planning on easing through Texas and dragging you with me on my tour. I figure the odds of it not raining there will be just as good whether you are there or not and maybe between the three of us one of us will be free to post bail when YOU get us into trouble. :lol2:

Angus Cowman":1l23xsz1 said:
dun":1l23xsz1 said:
Jogeephus":1l23xsz1 said:
so thats what happened they took your heart completely out :lol: :lol:

That explains a lot.

glad to hear everything is ok Jo

Same here.

My bucket list?

Shoot something really big on top of a really tall mountain.

And the one I think about every day: Get the helll out of here and leave VA for the yankees and imports, they seem to like it here. Virginia sucks.

Latest posts