Thank list

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard said:
Nesikep said:
On facebook, a "like" pretty much means "I saw that".
I suppose, but then, what real purpose does it play and why so much emphasis on it?
Every business around here has a little sign that almost begs "LIKE US on Facebook!"
(I don't do farcebook)

So if you have a page on facebook and someone likes it then they will get updates of anything that pages post in their feed. A feed is basically like opening a newspaper, it comes up but you can ignore it. So sort of like advertising. If someone i am friends with likes something that can also pop up in my feed so it sort of keeps you in the loop of similar interests. But you can also have your settings so no one gets notifications of what you like or do.

greybeard said:
Dang if humanity hasn't gotten lazy.........

This was my attitude, i only got on facebook last year. I wouldn't for years until last year i found out heaps of cattle studs/farms have pages and you can see what they are up to and have for sale. Now if i had known cattle were on facebook i would have joined years ago. I also have a keen interest in restoring vintage machinery and have found parts on there i had given up on finding. I don't do all the gossip stuff.

Redgully said:
greybeard said:
Dang if humanity hasn't gotten lazy.........

This was my attitude, i only got on facebook last year. I wouldn't for years until last year i found out heaps of cattle studs/farms have pages and you can see what they are up to and have for sale. Now if i had known cattle were on facebook i would have joined years ago. I also have a keen interest in restoring vintage machinery and have found parts on there i had given up on finding. I don't do all the gossip stuff.

there's a group for ANYTHING on facebook.. I have a couple very old Allis Chalmers combines.. yes, there's a group dedicated to those! Gelbvieh cattle, yup, Massey tractors? Yup, JD dozers, that too.

Latest posts