I Will Not Thank a Farmer

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
In my mind, I scrolled through the Twitter feed I had witnessed. For how long have we as the ag community demanded that our customers thank us? When was the last time we thanked them? Are we operating from a place of entitlement, where we believe that our professions are somehow sacrosanct in the scheme of the economic ecosystem?

But wait, we toil in the hot summer sun and the cold winter snow—every single day. Yes, but so do the oil derrick hands in Odessa, Texas. But we cannot skip a day because living beings rely on us. Yes, doctors face the same challenge. We work 24/7 and never get a day off—no one just gives me a salary! Yes, so do most entrepreneurs. Yes, but we are underpaid! Said everyone the whole world over.

https://www.drovers.com/article/kate-miller-i-will-not-thank-farmer

I'd don't know what I'd do if someone did thank me..I started out doing this because I love it..the only one I really Thank is God.for allowing me to do it..cause if it were up too joe populous I wouldn't be doing it..

Nope, no signs at eateries asking, vaguely suggesting or requiring customers thank them.
That's out of vogue. The new age hippies do things differently.

ga.prime said:
You'll get paid what the market says you'll get paid.
300px-Las_Vegas_slot_machines.jpg

Considering the lady at the store buying food isn't my consumer, but the consumer of a product produced by a food processor, I don't really see why they should thank farmers?
Farmers/Ranchers should be thanking there consumer for buying their product, which would be the food processors.

I wish I could sell my beef at Walmart, but I have to sell to Tyson, or Swift.

I get thanked and praised by our community all the time. I only advertise my egg business Bcs my cows aren't much of a business but people love what we are doing.

I posted on our local community Facebook page and got over 300 orders in an afternoon!

HDRider said:
When was the last time we thanked them?

I sell around 20 dozen eggs each week. It is a blessing to be able to thank each individual customer.

In July it will be a honey harvest. Same thing. Each customer is appreciated.

I do it for the way of life, but my kids are not! Try being a fruit grower working 16 hour days 7 days a week and at the end of the year realising you made less money than what it cost to run the place. Having to throw fruit out because it has a tiny blemish. When you do have a good year you have to buy a tractor so not to lose it all in tax and then people telling you you're rich because you have a new tractor. It wears you down over the years.

cowgal604 said:
I get thanked and praised by our community all the time. I only advertise my egg business Bcs my cows aren't much of a business but people love what we are doing.

I posted on our local community Facebook page and got over 300 orders in an afternoon!

Free range chickens on a vegetation diet? How do you keep them from eating worms and grass hoppers etc?

ALACOWMAN said:
cowgal604 said:

Free range chickens on a vegetation diet? How do you keep them from eating worms and grass hoppers etc?

When it comes to selling eggs and referencing chickens diets at least in these parts when you say fed a vegetarian diet it means you aren't feeding them feed with animal byproducts in it. We also don't feed our chickens meat. Some people do...

ALACOWMAN said:
cowgal604 said:

You teach them that eating meat will cause cancer. :lol:

I know we are all just joking but I mean...this chain is weird. Seems farmers are their own worst enemies. Rather than poking fun at consumers concerns like we all tend to do on here how about provide good information and better understanding. Just a wild idea....

cowgal604 said:
I know we are all just joking but I mean...this chain is weird. Seems farmers are their own worst enemies. Rather than poking fun at consumers concerns like we all tend to do on here how about provide good information and better understanding. Just a wild idea....

I think farmers and ranchers are more salty, than sweet.