Buc-ee's

Help Support CattleToday:

But you have to understand this is one of the top vacation spots in the US and it is already a nightmare. Anything short of a new Exit and access just won't help. A few new roads do no good if you can't get off the Interstate. I have seen traffic backed up for about a mile trying to get off at that exit as it is now and each side has (I believe) 3 lanes of off-ramps
I seen it backed up 12 miles from the Knoxville TN end once on Labor Day weekend. That's just to get off onto the exit.
This weekend there is a hot rod event in Gatlinburg/,Pigeon Forge and they were expecting 10's of thousands of extra tourists.

Last edited:
I seen it backed up 12 miles from the Knoxville TN end once on Labor Day weekend. That's just to get off onto the exit.
This weekend there is a hot rod event in Gatlinburg/,Pigeon Forge and they were expecting 10's of thousands of extra tourists.
And that is exactly why I rarely go to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg. My biggest concern is if I have to be in Court in Sevierville at 8:30 am, then I have a problem if I take the Interstate. I can remember when Pigeon Forge was just a couple of "dish and tomahawk stands".

And that is exactly why I rarely go to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg. My biggest concern is if I have to be in Court in Sevierville at 8:30 am, then I have a problem if I take the Interstate. I can remember when Pigeon Forge was just a couple of "dish and tomahawk stands".
I tell people sbout the tomahawk stands in the 1960's. I remember a small tent campground also. Hardly anything else. People went there to ride across the Smokey Mountains and see the Black Bears. They would come to the stopped traffic for food. Could see 25 bear from Gatlinburg to Cherokee NC. Rare to see one now i hear.

I tell people sbout the tomahawk stands in the 1960's. I remember a small tent campground also. Hardly anything else. People went there to ride across the Smokey Mountains and see the Black Bears. They would come to the stopped traffic for food. Could see 25 bear from Gatlinburg to Cherokee NC. Rare to see one now i hear.
As a young boy, I can remember going to a place called "Jimmy's Rib House" in Gatlinburg and "Silver Dollar City" (Now Dollywood) but, the Indians raiding the train in Silver Dollar City and taking the kids off the train scared the crap out of me! I think I was about 5 or 6 at the time.

It is funny how those memories stick 60 years later.

The businesses in the area have petitioned the State, but a new exit must get both State and Federal approval. It is a years-long process and then has to get the funding approved. I rarely go, but if I have to, I will be going through Dandridge or Chestnut Hill.
Yep. We always go the back way when we have to go to Gatlinburg or P.F. There are no good days/time of year to go there anymore. It's crazy all the time.

As a young boy, I can remember going to a place called "Jimmy's Rib House" in Gatlinburg and "Silver Dollar City" (Now Dollywood) but, the Indians raiding the train in Silver Dollar City and taking the kids off the train scared the crap out of me! I think I was about 5 or 6 at the time.

It is funny how those memories stick 60 years later.
I do remember Silver Dollar city but not until the 70's.

I do remember Silver Dollar city but not until the 70's.
I went back and looked it up. In 1961 it opened as Rebel Railroad then it was called Goldrush Junction. It did not become Silver Dollar City until 1976. So it must have been Rebel Railroad that I remember as a young boy. We also went to Ghost Town in the Sky in Maggie Valley. To those that are not from this area, it was another Western-themed park in the Mountains just across the NC line.

We did lots of those trips with my Dad's brother and his family. We lived next door to each other and all of us kids were about the same age. There were a few times we would picnic and go to a theme park.

I love their jalapeno cheese puffs... i could eat them till i vomit. Use to like to get coffee there, but they replaced all their popular creamers with 'healthy' versions. When i complained, they explained that people wanted healthier options, i came back with, "Who the hell goes to buc-ees for healthy options????" The coffee i got went right into the trash, it was horrible. I rarely ever throw away food, but it was just awful.

Well we stopped at Buc-ee's in Richmond to fill up on the way to get the bull. My wife said it looked like we were driving up to an airport. There were two roundabouts getting back out of it.
Didn't take time to go in.

They've got like a hundred gas pumps at the one near here and they're able to pay new hires $20/hr. I'd still rather be in hell with my hide burnt off than pay some of the prices for their novelties though, I do my level best not to take my womenfolk there.

Yep. We always go the back way when we have to go to Gatlinburg or P.F. There are no good days/time of year to go there anymore. It's crazy all the time.
No kidding! Wife and I stopped there in August of 2021, first time we had been there since our honeymoon in 2001 - wow! Can't say as I care to go back.

I absolutely love stopping at Bucc-ee's when I'm driving to Disney World. I won't lie, Buc-ee's gets at least $100 without counting gas, but we figure it's the cost of driving to Disney World.

I still want to get to a Buc-ee's early in the morning to try a burrito and biscuit. I hear they are a bit better than just the bbq sandwiches. Don't overlook the turkey, it's delicious. Needless to say, I have multiple t-shirts.

I absolutely love stopping at Bucc-ee's when I'm driving to Disney World. I won't lie, Buc-ee's gets at least $100 without counting gas, but we figure it's the cost of driving to Disney World.

I still want to get to a Buc-ee's early in the morning to try a burrito and biscuit. I hear they are a bit better than just the bbq sandwiches. Don't overlook the turkey, it's delicious. Needless to say, I have multiple t-shirts.
Looks like im not the only one hooked.
They dont serve breakfast burritos or biscuits until 4am.

Looks like im not the only one hooked.
They dont serve breakfast burritos or biscuits until 4am.
I think this is just another of @kenny thomas jobs.... promoter of Bucc-ees.... he retired you know :rolleyes: and is looking for something to do in his spare time....

I know I have posted this earlier in the thread, but it is just too good not to post again.

View attachment 28915
I read the next few posts in my head the same way this lady pronounced it. Im not sure if it gave me a different perspective on this store saying bucees vs buc-ees, or whether i just lost an IQ point or two...

LOVE the brisket sammiches, the jerky is pretty good too, and the nutz, and the diabetic coma inducing desserts. Have done some gift shopping in there as well.

They've got like a hundred gas pumps at the one near here and they're able to pay new hires $20/hr. I'd still rather be in hell with my hide burnt off than pay some of the prices for their novelties though, I do my level best not to take my womenfolk there.
A VERY wise decision!!! Don't ask how I came to that opinion.....

I'm wanting some brisket this morning. The hot sauce is good too, surprised it doesn't have much in it considering the flavors it brings.
Man, I might have to set up an excuse to go get some brisket, maybe a Mickey waffle? If only gas and hotels were so expensive right now.

IMG_6955 3.JPGIMG_6963.JPG

I'm wanting some brisket this morning. The hot sauce is good too, surprised it doesn't have much in it considering the flavors it brings.
Man, I might have to set up an excuse to go get some brisket, maybe a Mickey waffle? If only gas and hotels were so expensive right now.

View attachment 28943View attachment 28944
How far away from Disney do you live? You make it sound like an easy drive.

Latest posts