Buc-ee's

Help Support CattleToday:

Add another Buc-ees to my list. Stopped at one in Crossville TN tonight. XXX brisket sandwich for dinner. Expensive but well worth it.
We hit that one up last month. A big storm had just blown through and knocked out the gas pumps and credit card machines inside. Made it a little crazy for the employees there having to try to come outside and cover up the pumps so folks would know they were down and tell everybody in the store it was cash only for a little while. They were still plenty busy inside, but I'd say they lost a good bit of money during that time with hundreds of folks at the pumps that wouldn't work. There were people everywhere inside, but the employees were friendly and my wife was impressed with how clean the bathrooms were with that big of a crowd. I grabbed some brisket and jerky for the road. Pretty good stuff.

Add another Buc-ees to my list. Stopped at one in Crossville TN tonight. XXX brisket sandwich for dinner. Expensive but well worth it.
I heard on the radio that they have announced that the opening of the World's largest one at the Sevierville Exit is now June 5th. No one will be able to get in or out of Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg for months when it does open (unless you take one of the back ways in which tourists don't know about).

While I still have not been to a Buc-ees, my wife did bring me a brisket sandwich from one she stopped at. I was not overly impressed with their sauce. I found it a little too sweet for my taste.

I've been a couple times to the ones around Fort Worth. I was impressed with the cleanliness, considering how many thousands of people roll through in a day.

I was looking for something, asked a young employee sweeping the floor for help. He stopped what he was doing and led me halfway across the store to what I wanted. Great service there.

I heard on the radio that they have announced that the opening of the World's largest one at the Sevierville Exit is now June 5th. No one will be able to get in or out of Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg for months when it does open (unless you take one of the back ways in which tourists don't know about

That will be a nightmare there, at least in the beginning. . It's busy enough now with bass pro and other traffic there.
Somebody mentioned they were gonna put in another road or exit just for that. Not sure how true that is though.

That will be a nightmare there, at least in the beginning. . It's busy enough now with bass pro and other traffic there.
Somebody mentioned they were gonna put in another road or exit just for that. Not sure how true that is though.
I would believe it. Most them here have special road set ups and lights just for their entrances and exits.

The businesses in the area have petitioned the State, but a new exit must get both State and Federal approval. It is a years-long process and then has to get the funding approved. I rarely go, but if I have to, I will be going through Dandridge or Chestnut Hill.

I would believe it. Most them here have special road set ups and lights just for their entrances and exits.
But you have to understand this is one of the top vacation spots in the US and it is already a nightmare. Anything short of a new Exit and access just won't help. A few new roads do no good if you can't get off the Interstate. I have seen traffic backed up for about a mile trying to get off at that exit as it is now and each side has (I believe) 3 lanes of off-ramps.

Latest posts