BSE Confirmed in Alabama

Help Support CattleToday:

It seems as if the public is getting pretty "immune" to BSE now. Typically, it's a big deal when it first hits the news, and then something else comes along and the impact isn't quite as bad.

I heard yesterday that cows and calves were down, but I don't think it's so much in response to the BSE cow as it is to the market. I have five cull cows and six calves to ship next week, so we'll see.

The main reason for them to go down now is the uncertainty it puts on trade with the Japs, et al. They will get cheaper until that dilemma goes away.

Just breaking news is that the cow was from a farm in Lawrence County Al. Yeah, thats the one I'm in. Its in North West Al. No, it wasn't mine, nor do I know who it belonged to. That information isn't being released. My source said all the news medias are calling like crazy to get that info. He won't tell, but its only a matter of time before there all over that farm. The cow was on the farm less than a year. There trying to track where it came from.

Bama":142mhapw said:
http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/060315/cow.shtml

Local news on the matter if anyone wants to read it.

Bama I really hope for the farmer,s sake.That his name does not get revealed..The media can make his life hell..never mind the public.

One statement in that article puzzles me ..

"They always test the calves just in case it somehow passed through the placenta barrier," Kriese-Anderson said.

I thought they could not test calves or is it a different test :?:

frenchie":2vaisxvz said:
Bama":2vaisxvz said:
http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/060315/cow.shtml

Local news on the matter if anyone wants to read it.

Bama I really hope for the farmer,s sake.That his name does not get revealed..The media can make his life be nice..never mind the public.

One statement in that article puzzles me ..

"They always test the calves just in case it somehow passed through the placenta barrier," Kriese-Anderson said.

I thought they could not test calves or is it a different test :?:

I don't expect the farm or the farmer to be named. I have been by the local Co-op and they don't know either. I figure it'll get out to the local producers in the area, but not to the news media. As far as the testing of the calves, I think they still have to take a brain sample. I'm not sure. I have heard they are trying to trace it back through the sale barn it was purchased from less than a year ago.

Probably a government conspirousy to add fuel to need for the NAIS

dun

buckaroo_bif":3vpc6469 said:
fish boy strikes again with obnoxious long posts that not 1 in 10,000 is actually going to read
You got that right, Bif. All he does is mess up legitimate threads so that nobody reads them. Far as I'm concerned, he's an anti-beef, anti-cattle, anti-cattleman, fruitcake. If I was the Boss around here, he'd be looking for a new ISP every time he posted if he wanted to keep playing. ;-)

Flounder, what about just providing a link. It would be much easier for folks that wanted to read it. Besides it wouldn't distort these pages and eat up space.

Bama,

Seems that the only link I've found to articles by this T. S. Singletary Sr. can be found on the anti-meat eating site that was comparing the NCBA to Nazis. :mad:

http://www.vegsource.com/talk/madcow/

It doesn't open very quickly, but there's a lot of articles by the aforementioned person on this site that can be perused at leisure.

Whether that means this person condones the kind of fear-mongering some contributers on that site seem to use in order to promote their lifestyle is unknown to me.

Take care.

IMO,No disrespect flounder but anything you put on here is just time that I'm not gonna get back.Why don't you try a simple link and let people decide to go to it if they choose to then you won't have to keep repeating yourself several times and that way some people may not have to SKIP scrolling down all of your messages on here.JMO

Latest posts