• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Broke Disc Cutter

Help Support CattleToday:

endebt

Reaction score
I hit something in the hay field this moring. Broke one of the turtle's that hold the cutter blades. I call the company i bought it from 3 years ago. They in formed me this part would cost $300.00 this a 10 foot Sitrex rotary cutter. This sure seemed high. Anyone have a dealer in your area. I sure was glade to have some hay to cut. Now the profit will go to fix cutter. I guess it like the old timer's say they want die and you want break it if you don't own it. Thanks for the help.

dun

Reaction score
Any chance of either funding one at a equipment graveyard or having the broken one welded?

OP
E

endebt

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The part broke while cutting no chance of finding the pieces. Tomorrow i will shop the locals around here.

dun

Reaction score
endebt":6klkr6hr said:
Thanks for the reply. The part broke while cutting no chance of finding the pieces. Tomorrow i will shop the locals around here.
Oh you'll probably find it. When it goes through the most ecpensive piece of equipment to fix that you have. Works that way for me anyway

grannysoo

Reaction score
upfrombottom":1ujxz864 said:
No doubt you'll find it. Lost a spoke off a hay rake last Tues. Found it in tractor tire while baling on Wed.

That's normally the way I find things too....