Breakfast

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown":1ir7p256 said:
It is worse than eating meat kroketten ,which is made from lips and udders .

Black pudding, blood pudding or blood sausage is a type of sausage made by cooking blood or dried blood with a filler until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled . Yuk :help:
Thanks HD, I thought they just didn't know how to make pudding. I'm gonna go toss my cookies now.

hillsdown":2j441zbm said:
It is worse than eating meat kroketten ,which is made from lips and udders .

Black pudding, blood pudding or blood sausage is a type of sausage made by cooking blood or dried blood with a filler until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled . Yuk :help:

One of those food you have to acquire a taste for no doubt. :lol:

Traditionally it was pigs blood with barley, its certainly an aquired taste and one I haven't aquired yet.

I had wondered if black pudding was the same as blood sausage, now I know it is. I haven;t had good blood sausage in almost 60 years, I used to love the stuff.

here 3ways just for you so you can see exactly what it is, I myself hate it, it is more than an aquired taste you have to have no taste to eat that stuff IMO.

Ingredients
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 quart pig, lamb or goose blood shopping list
16 oz milk shopping list
salt and pepper shopping list
1 lb. shredded suet shopping list
2 large onions, minced shopping list
1 oz oatmeal, toasted shopping list
a length of sausage skin to stuff shopping list
How to make it
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bring a large stewpot 3/4 full of water almost to a boil
Pour the blood into a deep bowl
Add 1 tsp salt, stirring constantly
Strain with a seive
Add milk, mix well
Add suet, minced onions, toasted oatmeal, 1 tsp salt and 2 tsp black pepper and mix well
Fill skins using a sausage stuffing machine or a funnel with a large opening, making the sausages the length you require. Do not overstuff or the sausages will burst when cooked
Cut each sausage leaving a length of skin on each end in order to tie them off
Put the finished sausages in the water for a few minutes
Prick each sausage with a cooking fork and turn them in the water
Cook gently for about 2 hours
Remove from pot and hang to let cool
When cool, slice and fry

3waycross":2gcs4kjj said:
Isomade":2gcs4kjj said:
TexasBred":2gcs4kjj said:
Yuk Alison....that looks like the contents of a can of Puss and Boots catfood. :lol2:
:nod: yuck, if I'm eaten fish for breakfast it better be fried in batter and served with hush puppies.

Apparently you have never tried 6 in Brook trout fried in bacon grease til they are nice and crisp and eaten bones and all........the ONLY way to eat trout in my book.

Best breakfast their is.

Add a pat of butter to the pan too...peach pancakes on the side for energy...streamside...oh yeah...

chrisy":3vrdg0pv said:
here 3ways just for you so you can see exactly what it is, I myself hate it, it is more than an aquired taste you have to have no taste to eat that stuff IMO.

Ingredients
1 quart pig, lamb or goose blood shopping list
16 oz milk shopping list
salt and pepper shopping list
1 lb. shredded suet shopping list
2 large onions, minced shopping list
1 oz oatmeal, toasted shopping list
a length of sausage skin to stuff shopping list
How to make it
Bring a large stewpot 3/4 full of water almost to a boil
Pour the blood into a deep bowl
Add 1 tsp salt, stirring constantly
Strain with a seive
Add milk, mix well
Add suet, minced onions, toasted oatmeal, 1 tsp salt and 2 tsp black pepper and mix well
Fill skins using a sausage stuffing machine or a funnel with a large opening, making the sausages the length you require. Do not overstuff or the sausages will burst when cooked
Cut each sausage leaving a length of skin on each end in order to tie them off
Put the finished sausages in the water for a few minutes
Prick each sausage with a cooking fork and turn them in the water
Cook gently for about 2 hours
Remove from pot and hang to let cool
When cool, slice and fry

Good Lord Chrisy ,my description was bad enough, but did you have to go and give a whole recipe . :lol: :p

I am sure 3way will be picking up those ingredients today so he can make the family a treat for supper ... :lol: :hide:

hillsdown":2mhxdvs3 said:
Good Lord Chrisy ,my description was bad enough, but did you have to go and give a whole recipe .

I am sure 3way will be picking up those ingredients today so he can make the family a treat for supper ...
:lol: :lol: That was good HD!
BTW - Perhaps sardines for brekkie are not so bad after all.

alisonb":3b4obmrg said:
hillsdown":3b4obmrg said:
Good Lord Chrisy ,my description was bad enough, but did you have to go and give a whole recipe .

I am sure 3way will be picking up those ingredients today so he can make the family a treat for supper ...
Given the choice I think I'd take a nice fresh pile of cow shyt with a few mushroom growing out of it and wash it down with a glass of cow urine on ice. At least all that might get the taste of the sardines and/or black/blood pudding out of your mouth. :cry2:

HD I posted the recipe in case anyone was mad enough to want to try the yuk stuff.
alison sardines on toast are nice anytime of day.
Texasbred your analogy on the blood pudding might just be about right.

TexasBred":2kzmskkj said:
alisonb":2kzmskkj said:
hillsdown":2kzmskkj said:

Given the choice I think I'd take a nice fresh pile of cow shyt with a few mushroom growing out of it and wash it down with a glass of cow urine on ice. At least all that might get the taste of the sardines and/or black/blood pudding out of your mouth. :cry2:
:lol: :lol:

My family actually makes a version of blood pudding that is incredibly good. However, it is a dessert item.

Made with pig blood, a sweet concentrate left over from making wine, chocolate, raisins , orange peel, and honey.

I won't go into the recipe but take my word for it it is incredible. With a texture very much like a flourless cake.

In Calabria. it is called Sangere'. I have always liked the blood, liver, and garlic sausage my grandparents made.

Here is an interesting link about many counties interpretation of blood/black pudding/sausage .
http://www.myetymology.com/encyclopedia ... usage.html

Blood sausage

blood sausage is Inserted without meat, stuffed mainly with Blood (in its majority of Pig ) coagulated, of characteristic dark color. It is a food very extended that can be in many countries, exist many varieties. Its elaboration has been from always intimately united to slaughter of the pig, rarely to other animal: as Cow can be or Horse .

History
According to Greek Philosopher Plato ( Mithaïcos, 428 a. ), the blood sausage was invented by the Greek Aftónitas. Odyssey appears a mention to the blood sausage in of Homero .

Etimología
The word blood sausage is original of the Iberian Peninsula, and comes from the céltico mukorno that meant "trunnion" mixed with the meaning of the Basoue mukurra, "bulky object and deforms".

The blood sausage in Europe
Germany
In German Kitchen appears the blood sausage frecuentemenete, denominates Blutwurst (blood sausage), although of similar form: Rotwurst, Schwarzwurst, Topfwurst or Blunzen ( Austrian ). The German blood sausages as a rule usually have small fat pieces in small dices distributed throughout all the inlay, and to the cut they present/display a characteristic color. Usually they are especiadas. •
Flönz - It is a generic name that occurs to the blood sausage of Rheinland him, also denominated blood sausage of Colony, and even of humorous form: Kölsche Kaviar (`caviar of colony').

• Möppkenbrot - kitchen of Westfalia is a specialty of that usually takes bread : Pumpernickel . Blood sausage with different Cereals in its interior
• Grützwurst
• Wurstebrot - one is an inlay of elaborated heavy caliber with sangrede Hundredth pig, and bacon. Usually one eats fried in the frying pan.
• Beutelwurst - It is a blood sausage of dry aspect in his interior that contains Flour .

Spain

Diverse blood sausages in exist cooks Spanish, the majority of them comprised of the basic feeding of the humble classes and nowadays covers are served in or sandwiches . some Spanish blood sausage examples are:

Blood sausage of Burgos - one is one of the most known, than Blood is elaborated with and Butter of Pig, Rice, Pimentón, salt and Onion, as well as some spice more to the pleasure. It is also inserted in gut of pig or in intestine of dry cow, finer.

• Blood sausage of Leon - one is made up of blood, fat of pig, bread crumb and mainly great amounts of onion. Usually she is cured to the smoke. * Blood sausage of Matachana : She is the unique one that eats outside the gut, extended on bread. It is a variety of the blood sausage of Leon. * Blood sausage of Palencia - that is a blood sausage of Onion of artisan elaboration with a long process of elaboration, slow and complex.
• Blood sausage of Valladolid - elaborated with rice (41%), butter (29%), onion (20%) and bleeds (10%). It is seasoned with salt, pimentón, oregano and, optionally, pepper and nail . Everything is mixed and it is inserted in natural gut of bovine pig or. One cooks to 80-90ºC in boiler abierta until securing the optimal point. Immediately one cools off in water. Account really with three varieties, the fresh blood sausage, the blood sausage with Pinions of Valladolid and the blood sausage tanganillo.
• Asturian Blood sausage comprises habitual of Compango of Asturian Stew . Very appropriate for Cooked or stews.
• Blood sausage in Typical boiler of the region Andalusian of the Hill of Úbeda ( Jaén ), is a blood sausage of Onion or Rice and Pinions, of artisan elaboration, and that has the peculiarity of which this cooks in a boiler before being inserted, and it is taken greased in Ochíos If they visit Úbeda do not have to leave without proving the blood sausage in boiler.
• Blood sausage of La Mancha Of the Region of La Mancha, typical with Blood and Butter of Pig, with Onion, and seasoned with morquera and Pinions (sometimes also with worn out pepper). Once boiled, it is conserved in oil; or to the fresh air, to be consumed to the plate or to be fried. He is unmistakable his texture and succulent aroma, mainly due to the morquera.
• canary Blood sausage the blood sausage of sweet Teror with almonds is most typical.
Other Spanish varieties include crumb of bread, Pinions and even sweet products. Other places in which it is elaborated frequently are Basque Country, Navarre, Extremadura, Asturias, Valencian Community, Murcia and Castilla-La Mancha . A variant of the blood sausage is berrodo, that is an inlay of blood of pig with pinions .

In Italy
In Italy the flame frequently sanguinaccio (that is to say something compound with sangue - blood); and, Campania, Liguria, Marcas are common in the kitchens of Calabria ; but in the above-mentioned regions at relatively recent times the blood by chocolate being used of such way has been replaced almost always as chocolates to celebrate in Carnival ; sanguinacci stuffed mainly with blood nevertheless is very consumed in Piedmont, Lombardy and - especially in Friuli where usually they accompany to Polenta - in language Friulano to blood sausages says sanganè to them ; also very they are consumed in Valley of Aosta .

In Portugal
In Portugal the flame morcelas and is common in the kitchens of all the country. There are many varieties.
is used frequently morcela in the elaboration of Favas com chouriço and of Portuguese Cozido à .

The United Kingdom
In pudding cooks English is denominated Black and is been traditionally united to Full English breakfast . In Ireland appears of the same completely white form but, (well-known like White pudding ) in Irish breakfast . It is a very popular food especially in the north of England, Scotland and Ireland.
In the town of Ramsbottom ( Lancashire, England) takes place annually the World-wide Competition of Blood sausage Shot, that consists of demolishing the greater possible amount of a battery of puddings of Yorkshire ( Yorkshire pudding ) located to a pair of meters of height, using at the most 3 blood sausages. By all means that famous the used blood sausages are Bury Black Puddings, that are a specialty of the region. It counts the legend that the event goes back to War of the Two Roses, when the enemy force opposing forces of House of Lancaster and of House of York remained without the ammunition and began to throw blood sausages and puddings an a others.

In America

River of the Silver
In Uruguay is consumed salty blood sausage as much as sweet (with you pass of grape, peanut, nuts, etc.*) and generally constitutes one of the ingredients of traditional Roast (along with other inlays and bovine Achuras as as much ovine) and barbecues. In Argentina the blood sausage that contains nuts, raisins of grape, peanut is called " commonly; Basque blood sausage ". It is possible to be consumed in the heat of the moment in cold or. to roast it, he is advisable not to cook it much, because otherwise one undoes. Is it in two sizes, " común" as large as about 10 to 15 cm in length, and " bombón" much more small, that is used like appetizer before the barbecue or in " Pricked quot;. " sandwich of morcilla" (emparedado of blood sausage) morcipán is denominated and it is prepared abriendo by half " in butterfly to morcilla" and soon roasting it to the live coal or with very smooth fire the usual bread hogaza of " is one; French bread " divided in halves that serve as covers the sandwich, in morcipán (to similar way and so takes control of Choripán) the blood sausage usually is seasoned with the sauce Chimichurri .

Chile
In Chile the blood sausage is called frequently dark . The package is heavy like eating it, reason why the regular way to eat it is abrir it by half along and to extract the content, that is generally enriched with perforated onion and spices. It is possible to be eaten single or with bread, its flavor is very smooth and flavorful if the ingredients are of good origin, raising the quality of the product. One uses in Roasts and Barbecues .

Colombia
In Colombia occasionally knows like stuffed. The Colombian blood sausage is prepared with rice, Pea and blood of pig, is particularly well-known the blood sausage of the region of Santander, as much of the department of Santander like of the North of Satander ( Santandereana blood sausage ).

Mexico
In Mexico knows like stuffed Moronga or morronga or, and it is mainly consumed in the north and center of the country, without great modifications in the prescription, which consists mainly of pig blood sausage, decorated with green Chile in Julian, onion and Coriander in fresh orange juice, to serve it in pieces and not in grill. Occasionally, depending the region, it can prepare with seeds of peanut or others. In Yucatan is called in Mayan language choch, although in Merida, the capital, talks about to him simply like blood sausage; normally one eats accompanied of kidney beans and chicharrón, that the yucatecos call cicada .

Peru
In Peru the blood sausage is called " sangrecita" or " relleno" and it is prepared with head of cattle blood or pig, of artisan or industrial form, the preparation varies. Red pepper contains small pieces of and Chinese Onion and generally includes part of the greasy animal.

Puerto Rico
The blood sausage is to manjar considered typical in Puerto Rico . Generally is consumed in the Christmas festivals . The blood sausage is also popular in other parts of the Caribbean.

Nicaragua
In Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras the blood sausage is called " moronga" and it is blood of pig with rice enough.

Asia
Throughout Asia exists different towns and regions that make inlays with coagulated blood of pig. The majority of blood sausages is consumed like Aperitive . • In China has " Tofu of sangre" ( Chinese traditional : 血豆腐 Pinyin : xuě dòufǔ ) in its elaabora majority of blood of pig or Duck, being able to also use of Chickens or Cows
• In Taiwan, pie of blood of pig ( Chinese traditional : 豬血糕 Pinyin zhũ xiě gāo ) makes of blood of Pig and glutinous Rice . And usually one uses like Snack or cooked in Hot pot .
• In Korea very Soondae is known (순대) that can be categorisen like blood sausages. soondae more common in Korean Kitchen makes of Vermicelli of Potato ( dangmyon ), hundredth, and blood of pig, despite exist varieties with seeds of Sesame, green Onions, Soybean fermented ( dwen-jang ), sweet rice, Kimchi, Brotes, along with other common ingredients.
• A plate similar to " blood sausage china" can be in Philippine denominated Dinuguan (coming from the word dugo that means " sangre") meat of pig consists of Cooked of pricked in conjunction with its blood. Some Philippine denominate " meat of chocolate".
• In Tibet is used the blood coagulated of Yak to make a plate traditional.

Eggs Benedict for brunch with homemade German Bratwurst .

268714_2157576255676_1134577259_2597217_3780449_n.jpg

249391_2157577615710_1134577259_2597221_3029185_n.jpg

I know it is 3ways favorite breakfast too . :lol2: :hide:

hillsdown":2244zu1i said:
I know it is 3ways favorite breakfast too .
Well if it's not going to tickle 3ways's fancy I know of a SAfrican who may drool a bit :D . That looks good HD, nice colourful plates too. It's not so easy to photograph food hey, easier cooking it. I tend to stick to plain colours when buying crockery, something that I think I should change.
Running Arrow Bill":2244zu1i said:
It never ceases to amaze me the things that some people will eat...
If you were talking Oriental I think I would have to agree with you :p

hillsdown":16wj6l6l said:
Eggs Benedict for brunch with homemade German Bratwurst .

268714_2157576255676_1134577259_2597217_3780449_n.jpg

249391_2157577615710_1134577259_2597221_3029185_n.jpg

I know it is 3ways favorite breakfast too . :lol2: :hide:

Why so skimpy on the Hollandaise, who's on a diet?

That was hubby's Knersie. He is not a fan of hollandaise sauce however Nikki's and mine was smothered in it ;-) It is also the only way I can get her to eat the white part of the egg. :lol: The brats are phenomenal, almost as good as you get in Germany . :D

Today was yogurt and fruit I did however bake 10 dozen chocolate chip/peanut butter/oatmeal jumbo cookies and make a banana cream and coconut custard pie this holiday morning.

Hilsdown sorry this is late. But what was the Holiday on Aug 1st? Just curious always trying to learn things, Thanks JLP

Latest posts