Breakfast

Help Support CattleToday:

Just a simple Sunday brekkie prepared outdoors, nice and greasy :D . Bacon, egg on toast, tomato with cheese, mushrooms and onion. No champers (I forgot to buy) just a tall glass of mango juice.
DSC00005-3.jpg

Feel free to 'yuck' my meal :p .

GA - how was the Okra Frittata?
HD - Do you have a special Frittata recipe that you can share with us sometime?

alisonb":6g4vpkmw said:
Just a simple Sunday brekkie prepared outdoors, nice and greasy :D . Bacon, egg on toast, tomato with cheese, mushrooms and onion. No champers (I forgot to buy) just a tall glass of mango juice.
DSC00005-3.jpg

Feel free to 'yuck' my meal :p .

HD - Do you have a special Frittata recipe that you can share with us sometime?

That looks delicious! :tiphat: Your bacon is way different than the fatty stuff we eat.

Alison that looks amazing ! What kind of cheese, provolone ?

Made hubby eggs Benedict this morning for breaky, was all out of yogurt . Have been giving him yogurt with different fruits cut up in it and then topped with granola for breakfast for the last 6 months. Trying to cut down on so much heavy foods for breakfast.

Is that brisket bacon ? Looks really tasty .

For frittatas I just use whats on hand, sausage ,ham or bacon, green/red peppers ,red onion and mushrooms I saute my veggies and meats in butter before I add them to the egg mixture. Same as for my omelettes. 3way posted pics of the frittatas he made a while back and it looked fab, much fluffier than mine. So he is the person to get a recipe from and any tips .. ;-)

I will however pass on the sardines for breakfast or for that matter any meal . :lol2:

alisonb":3hwb002z said:
Still waiting on it. As a consolation prize, I had an asparagus and Smithfield ham with parsley and parmesan frittata.

KNERSIE":2v13cli3 said:

Looks like shoulder bacon
Ah! You know your pork, now let's see how you do on the cheese :D .
hillsdown":2v13cli3 said:
Alison that looks amazing ! What kind of cheese, provolone ?

Made hubby eggs Benedict this morning for breaky, was all out of yogurt . Have been giving him yogurt with different fruits cut up in it and then topped with granola for breakfast for the last 6 months. Trying to cut down on so much heavy foods for breakfast.

For frittatas I just use whats on hand, sausage ,ham or bacon, green/red peppers ,red onion and mushrooms I saute my veggies and meats in butter before I add them to the egg mixture. Same as for my omelettes. 3way posted pics of the frittatas he made a while back and it looked fab, much fluffier than mine. So he is the person to get a recipe from and any tips .. ;-)

I will however pass on the sardines for breakfast or for that matter any meal . :lol2:
Thanks HD - Yogurt is one of my favourites, could have it three times a day. Do you make your own? I have searched for 3ways 'frittata' but am not finding it, I'll continue my search when I have some time - maybe I should search under 'Italian omelette' :p .
3waycross":2v13cli3 said:
That looks delicious! Your bacon is way different than the fatty stuff we eat.
Thanks 3way. The bacon is store bought so lots of options, I don't fancy too much fat on meat. I must say food photography is not easy, the pics just don't come out like they should - I have a lot of learning to do!
ga.prime":2v13cli3 said:
Still waiting on it. As a consolation prize, I had an asparagus and Smithfield ham with parsley and parmesan frittata.
8)

The way it melted it looks like Mozzarella, but it looks like there might be blue veins in that (or is it herbs), can't think of a blue cheese that would melt that smoothly.

Fish for breakfast lunch and dinner, I love sardines on toast you have made me feel hungry, will have to have them for breafast in the morning now, to late to eat, it's bed time.
My son likes gammon and back bacon, he didn't like the bacon when we were in Disney as it looked like streaky and he hates fat on meat. A good old English brekky for him everyday of the week, heart attack city, IMO.

por_1527.jpg

chrisy":25gkqs4i said:
Fish for breakfast lunch and dinner, I love sardines on toast you have made me feel hungry, will have to have them for breafast in the morning now, to late to eat, it's bed time.
My son likes gammon and back bacon, he didn't like the bacon when we were in Disney as it looked like streaky and he hates fat on meat. A good old English brekky for him everyday of the week, heart attack city, IMO.

por_1527.jpg
Looks delicious, except for he black round thing with the eye ball in the middle. What is that?

That's a mushroom, far worse than the mushroom is the blackpudding that is hiding behind the bacon.

Isomade...usually he would have button mushrooms but I had run out of them, and hashbrowns instead of black pudding, he wanted to try it and that wound up in the bin not to have it again, I only bought that little bit for him to try, as you can't know if you never try. ;-)

KNERSIE":22jo5pqy said:

The way it melted it looks like Mozzarella, but it looks like there might be blue veins in that (or is it herbs), can't think of a blue cheese that would melt that smoothly.
Dead right, it's Mozzarella :clap: - now tell me what I'm thinking :p .

Looks good Chrisy but no Black puddin' for me thanks :shock: . Do you melt a little garlic butter on top of those mushrooms?

Looks good Chrisy but no Black puddin' for me thanks . Do you melt a little garlic butter on top of those mushrooms?

No not for him as he doesn't like garlic at breakfast. I would for me as I grill my mushrooms, but probably not for breakfast.
AC I just love fish you can do so much with it and it is very low in cholesterol.

KNERSIE":qk0j162n said:
That's a mushroom, far worse than the mushroom is the blackpudding that is hiding behind the bacon.
Ain't that the truth! I had some of that crap when I was in St Andrews, Scottland a couple years ago. That will be my only taste of black pudding. :nod:

Isomade":46di520f said:
KNERSIE":46di520f said:
Ain't that the truth! I had some of that crap when I was in St Andrews, Scottland a couple years ago. That will be my only taste of black pudding. :nod:

Someone want to explain what's in it?

It is worse than eating meat kroketten ,which is made from lips and udders .

Black pudding, blood pudding or blood sausage is a type of sausage made by cooking blood or dried blood with a filler until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled . Yuk :help:

Latest posts