Braunvieh cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefmaker

Reaction score
Anyone have any opinions or experience with braunviehs? I'm considering adding some braunvieh genetics to my commercial herd.

I Have done some reading on Braunvieh. Everything sounds good, and they say good things about using them in a commercial herd. I actually contacted some breeders, but the bulls were alittle out of my price range at this time.

Discuss with the breeders what percentage of calves they have to pull, also see actual carcass data.

dun

I don't have any personal experience with braunvieh, but I've heard quite a few people say that the bulls will create calving trouble. There's a farm about an hour and half from us that raises them and I've been to some of their sales, really like the looks of the females but couldn't afford them. They usually sell a few angus/braunvieh cross bulls but some of those hybrids have a serious attitude on them. It's funny because their straight angus and braunviehs usually are very mild mannered and all are raised under same conditions. Must just be something about crossing the two that sets them off. Does anyone else notice that when you cross two relatively mild mannered breeds the bulls tend to be hotter or is it just me? :?:

I visited a breeder in TN that raises limos and braunviehs. I was there to look over the breed and see what they looked like. The %braunviehs were out of limos. They looked pretty and compared very well to the contemporary group of limos, braunvieh, and %braunvieh. 12-13 months around $1200 average, price went up from there. Purebreds were around $15-1700

Latest posts