Brangus & Simbrah Show Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

ffamom

Reaction score
Black_Belle_2.jpg

Gracy_2.jpg

The brangus and simbrah are the same age...6 months. Simbrah is bred and owned. She is not great, but she was our first heifer after 5 straight bulls. Grandma went to the Camp Cooley sale and came home with the brangus show heifer for my son. She got bit by the cute bug. What do you think of them?

I like the Simbrah the best, but they both are nice looking heifers. Now you said the Simbrah is bred???
Do tell

The neighbors love the cows. They are right by a jogging/walking path and they are hand fed grass and petted daily. It really upsets the regulars when one leaves to be bred. We are extra vigilant in regard to fly control so we haven't had any complaints.

"Bred and owned" means that my son owns the dam and he is the breeder. She is not bred, but will AI her around 14 months.

texast":f43vy8if said:
I like the Simbrah the best, but they both are nice looking heifers. Now you said the Simbrah is bred???
Do tell

She is meaning that they raised the calf from birth and did not buy the heifer. :tiphat:

Thanks,

Matt

Arent there laws against having cattle in town??? we cant have any animals besides the normal pets. inside city limits, unless you have owned the property since before the law was set, or was out side of city limits but then it was expanded. But you still had to have animals there from the beggining

Livestock have been on the land for over 30 years. Houses popped up around them when the older folks couldn't afford the taxes any long. Not one single complaint yet in regard to keeping animals there. We had a new heifer calf last Friday night. Very friendly and will walk up to the fence. She is a great ambassador for our livestock.

Only complaint comes from a 1st grade girl. She has been pleading everyday to save Clyde, a finished steer. My husband can even go out and feed it she is out there. The tears and her pleas just kill him. However, he (Clyde) will be going to his climate controlled environment on Monday. I can't wait to see how he tastes.

Australian Cattleman":3ixwmfa9 said:
like the Simbrah best. Like both these Brahman derived breeds to have more Brahman content. But lower Brahman content in the US seems the norm. They wouldn't get a look in here,they need to be loose and show plenty of Brahman content. Anyway each to their own. :tiphat:

I agree . . . where are the ears?

Also agree that the simbrah is better than the brangus. The black heifer is too fine boned and rangy for my liking. Good luck with them.

The Simbrah is the better of the two heifers. She has depth, substance and bone.
I agree that the Brangus appears to be too fine boned for show.

Latest posts