Brahman

Help Support CattleToday:

What I mean when I mention Australian bloodlines. They are wholely and solely bred from the original imports of the 50's. Not with the newer blood brought in the 70's and early 80's and till now. The old Australian bloodlines were bred to do well their temperament was excellent. They seem to have a much better doing ability than those that are imported now. Arauto bloodlines were very good they were red and were amongst the first to come in in the 70's after no imports since the 50's. Our herd is predominately based on Cherokee (de Landelles) no 3 stud herd in Australia. I have some US bloodlines in my reds through the use of a bull with Garuda Lord Jim bloodlines who was by EOD Rio Gyr. This bull affected the temperament in my herd immensely. Thankfully I have bred the quietness back into them by the use of a dog quiet bull. Although he wasn't quite the red that I wanted (he was a honey colour) he sufficed till the bull that I'm using now (posted earlier). He is producing very fleshy even coloured calves. Will post some of them soon as I get the camera on the go. I really like speckled Brahmans (Gyr types particularly) but they are somewhat harder to sell. Have had a few Nellore types but they are too light boned for my liking. My greys that I have posted have some JDH and V8 bloodlines (US) in them. The grey bull I recently purchased has Dream Ranch and JDH lines in him (both US herds) Will post some pics of them soon. Originally only had greys when I started in the early 70's ( when to have Brahmans was odd to say the least) then I went into reds when I bought and old red bull with good old Wairuna breeding in him (Wairuna was stud no 2) That started me with them. Just in the last 3/4 years I have had a few enquiries for greys. Liked the look of some on offer at sales and the price was right so I bought them. The rest is history as they say.
Colin

This is another one of my grey cows. She's nearly 4 years, by a V8 bull (US) She does have a tail. She was switching it at the time of the pic. She's had one grey bull calf by JDH Mr Abel and is due to calve in the next six weeks to our grey bull.
DSC00168.jpg

This bull was about 21 months old when the photo was taken, he sold for $12,500 at Rockhampton Brahman week sales last year. If board posters want to see some of the 1,048 bulls on offer have a look at the Australian Brahman Breeders Association site and click on Brahman Week sales. This bull is owned by Bizzy Brahman Stud who have their own site. They have some good bulls for the sale again.
DSC00111.jpg

This is one of our polled heifers. Coliana Early Morn de Manso
She has just calved in the last week to the red sire that I posted earlier (not the one before this photo) She had a bull calf that looks like it might be a polled sire prospect. All de manso named cattle can all be traced back to the original Manso from JDH in Texas.
DSC00186.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

This is our red Brahman sire in his working clothes. Below are some pics of his progeny.
DSC00029.jpg

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx343/Brahmancol/cattle/DSC00045.jpg?t=1257726611[img]
[img]http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx343/Brahmancol/cattle/DSC00055.jpg?t=1257726682
DSC00042.jpg

His calves are very very quiet

Those Brahman calves are photogenic and CUTE! Are they born with the hump? That Manso bull sure was influential. Used to do some work for the Brahmousin registry and he was heavy in some of those pedigrees, too.

Australian":1633otmc said:
A half Brahman cow, sired by a Brahman out of a South Devon Red Angus cow. Calf is a 3/4 sired by our red Brahman sire.
DSC00033.jpg

This pair is at my liking!

Really like all of them in fact. Great looking cattle! Thanks for posting them Colin.

Latest posts