Brahman bull with low sperm count

Help Support CattleToday:

ashcass2

Reaction score
I have a registered Brahman bull that's now 25 months old. He's been with 5 registered Brahman heifers that are the same age since September (2013). Today (May 29, 2014) I had the heifers checked 3are open and 2 are very lite bred. The vet checked the bull and he has a low count and I'm not sure what to do with the bull. Any advise from those of you who have experience or known of a situation like this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Out with that few heifers for that long and only bred 2. Take him to the sale and sell as slaughter only. Or if you need a bunch of hamburger put him in your freezer.

I am afraid Dave is right. If he is in good condition, with minerals, vaccinations, feed ect., he probably wont improve.
Now if he is not in good condition, that would be different...........

Is your bull a homegrown bull or did you purchase him from a reputable breeder? Was he guaranteed in any way? Has he ever had a BSE test? You may want to start by contacting the breeder and telling him/her of the vet's findings, they may work with you.

If this is one of your own bulls, Dave has given you some good advise!

Thanks for the input and that's what I was thinking, as far as hamburger. He was purchased with no guarantee, he is in good shape with plenty of grass and minerals.

They are cheaper that way. No offense to the OP but in this case he just lost the price of a very good guaranteed and tested young bull.

Sir you have my condolences....and I am guessing you learned something.

Latest posts