Brace For A Big Jump At The Pump, Experts Say

Help Support CattleToday:

TXBobcat

Reaction score
Anyone else here rumors of gas price hikes? The following news article taken from http://www.kwtx.com

Oil prices closed above $53 a barrel for the first time in four months and experts predict you'll soon be paying as much as 25 cents more a gallon at the pump as a result.

One expert advised motorists to fill up now, before prices begin to increase.

The price spurt came even as the government's latest report showed increases in U.S. supplies of oil and gasoline.

Traders believe that the world's supply of petroleum will remain tight because of rising demand.

The surge in gasoline futures was propelled by refinery problems in Texas.

``There has been a string of refinery disruptions when we need all of our refineries to be up and running,'' John Kilduff, senior vice president of energy risk management with Fimat USA in New York told Bloomberg.com.

``There is a speculative element as well. There are too many dollars chasing too few barrels of oil.''

we just went from 2.17 to 2.27/gal of diesel this last week and gas is up also. don't remember how much cuz i didn't pay attention. even at the smith's pumps its up to 2.21 from 1.88/gal. :shock: :( :( its getting ridiculous.

You ain't seen nothing yet. Thanks to the EPA there has not been a refinery built in the US since the early seventies. Demand is greater than production capacity. 12 million barrels a day refining capacity, with everything running, 12 million barrels a day demand. China has entered the 21st century putting a strain on oil supplies. Bright spot Russia has lots of oil just doesn't have the infrastructure to move it currently buiding pipelines to the Black Sea.

So here are the options park the vehicle to reduce demand build new refineries in the US (aint goin to happen) Nationalize the oil industry (aint goin to happen) Bust up the monoplies. We use to have ten major oil companies in the US we now have three with the loss of 40,000 American jobs. Thank you Bill Clinton. O fthe three major oil companies 2 are foriegn owned. Every time you pull up to Amoco, Arco, Castrol = BP Texaco = Shell, Fina is the French , Citgo is the Venezulians(sp)

Sorry for being so long winded.

Gas went from $1.83 to $2.09 in town today :shock: Cattle prices did not go up at all :help:
your friend
Mike

time to go back to horse power. lol might take a lil longer to get to places through x_X

diesel here is $2.60 :shock: southeast washington state. glad i dont own a diesel truck. :|

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":o57id2cf said:
Good reason why I filled my tank with 510 gal. of diesel at $1.60 a gal. 2 months ago ;-)
If i had a 510 gal.tank ,i don't think i would have enough money to fill it up.Gas went up .20 a gal. today. :eek:

catl":10bpvr5i said:
Campground Cattle":10bpvr5i said:
Just think what custom baling is going to cost this year.
$50.00 a bale? :shock: :roll:

sure glad we do our own haying, harvesting, etc.....however, it's gonna hurt to be running 3 large diesel powered case tractors around the clock this summer :cry: :cry:

Latest posts