Bought the farm

Help Support CattleToday:

charter capt

Reaction score
Well, we close on the farm this friday. We are not going to be there full time until I sell my charter business. If anybody would like to buy a charter business, a house on the water or condos near the beach, I'm you man. Pastures need work, fences need work, house needs work, barns need work. I am so far behind and need to do so much and I haven't even got started yet, MUST BE A COW FARMER!!!! I can't wait to start putting in 15 hour days and suffer like the rest of yall. Just so you don't have to go back to a previous post, I am buying a 200 acre farm in Hardin County, TN. Barry
http://www.aasportfishing.com

Dun, you are still my hero.

My wife has taken numerous pictures of the house, barns, pastures, etc. and I would post some of them, except I am too stupid to figure out how to do it. If someone is interested in posting them for me, I will e-mail you pictures and maybe you can hold my hand and teach me how to do this. Barry

Congratulations!! I think you are really going to like having a ranch.

Just do one thing at a time and don't worry about the rest, you'll get to it. It seems there is always work to be done and I might say it is a satisfying kind of work.

To me, it is very relaxing to just stand there and watch the cows for a short time. It is peaceful.

A house on water-someone hand me a puke bucket.

charter capt":28a5ta00 said:
Pastures need work, fences need work, house needs work, barns need work.

Charter, As soon as you get all those fences mended a wild fire, or a storm, or wild hogs will tear holes in them. Then there's your bull fighting with the bull in the neighbor's pasture. Hence, anymore, fixing those fences is just routine everyday occurences.

But welcome to the life of a country boy. It aint bad. There are some fringe benefits that go along with it.

Congratulations! How exciting! One thing is certain...you will get some real sleep at the end of the day.

Alice

charter capt":1x3l6bs4 said:
Well, we close on the farm this friday. We are not going to be there full time until I sell my charter business. If anybody would like to buy a charter business, a house on the water or condos near the beach, I'm you man. Pastures need work, fences need work, house needs work, barns need work. I am so far behind and need to do so much and I haven't even got started yet, MUST BE A COW FARMER!!!! I can't wait to start putting in 15 hour days and suffer like the rest of yall. Just so you don't have to go back to a previous post, I am buying a 200 acre farm in Hardin County, TN. Barry

Capt., glad it worked out for you. Welcome to TN. You're going to have fun.

charter capt":3w4n1o5r said:
Pastures need work, fences need work, house needs work, barns need work. I am so far behind and need to do so much

:lol: :lol: You sound like alot of us already!

There's a reason he's got the title of 'Mentor'.

To go along with some of what boogie said, once you get those fences finished, you'll be right back out there working those fences some more for any one of a dozen reasons. You'll never be finished fixing fence. :lol:

Congrats on your purchase. Go slow, one thing at a time. You'll get there.

Katherine

cowboyup216
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:10 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would do it but Im not much into holding another mans hand

We have a don't ask don't tell policy here.

From another transplanted boat driver, contrats on your decision. The folks on this board are great. Take your time with the land and the infrastructure. Even though the fishing business was a great part of life, this life in the country watching baby calves being born and running around CAN'T be beat.

skip":1qjuzlil said:
From another transplanted boat driver, contrats on your decision. The folks on this board are great. Take your time with the land and the infrastructure. Even though the fishing business was a great part of life, this life in the country watching baby calves being born and running around CAN'T be beat.

this life in the country watching baby calves being born and running around CAN'T be beat
:nod:

charter capt":2gdcu3cy said:

As a Hardin County native I say welcome to the great state of Tennessee. You will like it here. Pickwick Lake and the Tennessee River offer some of the best freshwater fishing anywhere! The sale barn in Savanah is top notch....highest sales prices in the area. Good luck!

I am a long way away from buying any cows.Most of the infrastructure is there just needs to be gotten back in shape. I am not really from FL. I am a native Tennessean coming back home.

charter capt":21cc2o9d said:
I am a long way away from buying any cows.Most of the infrastructure is there just needs to be gotten back in shape. I am not really from FL. I am a native Tennessean coming back home.

I checked out your web site.......if I where not such a busy cattle farmer I would come down and hire your services. Looks like you have a great operation down there :lol:

charter capt":2np1m1mr said:
Are you close to Jackson, Tn.? If so, when you get ready to buy some cows, contact Wesley at Cottage Farms Genetics there in Jackson. He's a good guy that will be glad to advise or assist you.

Congrats....it will be interesting to track your progress...post lots of pics. Sounds like you will have alot of advise from the Tenn members. If I were a few years younger it would be nice to move the operation to a larger place and really expand. DMc

Congradulations! I can't even remember the jubilation we went through after closing on the ranch in Texas. Of course.. since then it's been a lot of fence building, grass planting, dead cow buryin', middle of the night calving and doctoring, etc. etc., but don't worry, you'll love it!

:cboy:

Latest posts