Bottle Baby! I have questions!

Help Support CattleToday:

Gosh i feel dumb, i didn;t spell Antibiotics right on the previous post. Sorry i was overly tired :)!

Thanks, Devon

FutureFarmer":3dlpia08 said:
larryshoat":3dlpia08 said:
FutureFarmer":3dlpia08 said:
Vet came out this morning. Gave me some anitbiotics (sp?) to give her. (5 days worth) She told me to keep the MR weak. (meaning it says 2 cups for 4 pints) put 1 cup for 4 pints. And she told me to give her small feedings throughout the day of Electro. Vet told me Calf Manna was a good feed for her, and i got some more hay. Instead of me keeping her in her pen she told me to let her out in the yard to pick at the grass,etc.

All is good, I have to leave work in a few to make sure all is well with her. (lol) Glad i have a boss that LOVES animals and knows i will make up the hours!

Hopefully she will get through it. The vet had to have 2 of her assistants to hold her still while she got her meds. She was like well she is full of energy and no where near being dehydrated, you did a good job at keeping fluids in her.

I will keep everyone posted!

How are ya'lls calves doing!?

Devon

What kind of milk replacer are you using? If you are trying to give this calf a lb of milk in 2 quarts of water twice a day it's no wonder you're having trouble . I think you need to reread the tag .

Larry

Its FRM Milk Replacer. It says with the cup they provided (2 of the cups of MR in 4 pints of warm water.) The vet even read over it herself. The cup is small.... I will have to look at the bag when i get home, i think its 1/2 pound per 2 quarts. But she is only getting a little over half that right now.

Thanks for your input ;)!

Devon

I understand now, I thought when you said cup, you meant 8oz cup .

Larry

Latest posts