Bonsma type?

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN":3l108a27 said:
Bonsman":3l108a27 said:
She is a really nice cow.

We have had a lot of luck crossing Bonsmara and Red Angus in Alabama. In Oklahoma we cross Bonsmara and Black Angus--only becaust that is what is available.

http://www.smithbonsmara.com
seems like it would be the opposite,, not many red angus in alabama..... but a shiite load of blacks

There are a shiilit load of black cattle everywhere. There are some Red Angus around Athens, AL.

Sorry, did not mean to hijack the thread. I thought a good example of a Bonsma type animal would be from the breed Dr. Bonsma developed. Knersie knows as much/more about the Bonsma type than about anybody I know, including me!!

At the end of the day, Julian has a very impressive cow in this photo.

Bonsman":gt801xuo said:
ALACOWMAN":gt801xuo said:
Bonsman":gt801xuo said:
She is a really nice cow.

We have had a lot of luck crossing Bonsmara and Red Angus in Alabama. In Oklahoma we cross Bonsmara and Black Angus--only becaust that is what is available.

http://www.smithbonsmara.com
seems like it would be the opposite,, not many red angus in alabama..... but a shiite load of blacks

There are a shiilit load of black cattle everywhere. There are some Red Angus around Athens, AL.

Sorry, did not mean to hijack the thread. I thought a good example of a Bonsma type animal would be from the breed Dr. Bonsma developed. Knersie knows as much/more about the Bonsma type than about anybody I know, including me!!

yes she is ,, i imagine she will be in the morning too :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":288nj77p said:
Bonsman":288nj77p said:
yes she is ,, i imagine she will be in the morning too :cowboy:

I can confirm this; it tis morning here, and the cow on the photo is still impressive! :banana: :banana:

Dwight, before you ship that girl to Indiana, we need to talk. I probably have 2-3 B571's I could trade for her.

KMac and AX,
I have an idea where you can keep your females and get not just one, but several females like the one at the start of this thread. Use one of her sons on your own cows. If they are going to be too pricey then talk to me about some semen. It may make you look like a genius, plus you get to keep your better cows by not having to trade them to me. We all win. ;-)

Julian":qps3wxyt said:
KMac and AX,
I have an idea where you can keep your females and get not just one, but several females like the one at the start of this thread. Use one of her sons on your own cows. If they are going to be too pricey then talk to me about some semen. It may make you look like a genius, plus you get to keep your better cows by not having to trade them to me. We all win. ;-)

Is W93 her son?

W93 is her grandson. W93 is sired by this cow's first son, Boaz T71. We are breeding her back to W93 this fall.

Latest posts