A Different Type of Piedmontese

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
This guy (LVC WONDERS 5005 C) won the Denver Pied show for 2019 and I just purchased semen from the new owner. He might just change a few minds about Pieds.

The good muscling is a given.. Good structure,smoother and don't look posty or uncomfortable like is the nature of some .ought to make some dandy females..

I would say few give any thought to Pieds other than when they see photos.
Everyone is always impressed with the muscling and he is an impressive individual.
Would you care to comment on obstacles from the opinions of naysayers the breed faces
and how you believe this one might help in being a game changer.

I would say the biggest obstacle is color.. I do like them otherwise, but I think you're playing a bit of russian roulette when breeding them to either red or black cows on what you'll get for a calf

Unless one is just chasing color, :lol: :roll: I don't see anything wrong with them at all.
The only one I might balk at is the Pied/LH cross, and if I had LH, I believe it would certainly be an improvement to cross them with Piedmontese.

Some of these 'colors' will sell very well in Slick's or my parts of the world.
http://www.beavercreekpiedmontese.com/cross.htm

Son of Butch said:
I would say few give any thought to Pieds other than when they see photos.
Everyone is always impressed with the muscling and he is an impressive individual.
Would you care to comment on obstacles from the opinions of naysayers the breed faces
and

Color is main issue, but it's the same problem all over and I don't have a clue how to change someone's mind. Probably still going to be the marbling issue, when in fact it is a very tender meat.

how you believe this one might help in being a game changer.

Bone, depth and an overall balanced is what I jumped out at me first. This guy has enough bone that I had to look him up in the herd book to make sure he was 100%. Those are a few things why I believe this guy will help change the breed.

In the background there are breeders creating other colors of Pieds and others are creating polled animals.

Keep us updated, Slick. I wish you were closer so we could get a steer for our freezer.

Latest posts