BIG CELEBRATION IN TENNESSEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

skyline":1p44zzgd said:
In the morning while waiting on the school bus, it was a honey bun heated on the gas heater in the middle of the store with some chocolate milk. Ahhh, good memories.

Ah. The days before microwaves. I still remember seeing my first one. I remember buying my first microwave too and it sold for a lot of nickels. Beyond imagination. You could heat food without heating up the whole house, in the summer.

kb5iod":vz6bbsjb said:
Lammie":vz6bbsjb said:
We used to get Dr. Pepper when they were made with cane sugar.

You can still get them.
http://www.dublindrpepper.com/

Yeah, you can buy Dublin Dr Pepper around here. Dublin's where the original plant is located and they still use cane sugar. I used to drive through there all the time to get on Hiway 6 and go see my boyfriend in DeLeon back in the day.

skyline":391v9uek said:
Man, ya'll are bringing back some memories. Papaw owned the general store where I grew up. I would help fill up the drink box and I would empty the little box under the bottle top opener. We dumped all of the bottle tops onto the pavement in front of the gas pumps. It was solid bottle tops and good pavement.

If I was hungry, I could always drink a coke with peanuts or eat a moon pie or eat a big baloney and cheese sandwich using that big red round of cheese and a hunk of baloney about 1/2" thick. In the morning while waiting on the school bus, it was a honey bun heated on the gas heater in the middle of the store with some chocolate milk. Ahhh, good memories.
our store just had a big pot belly stove, burnt alot of coal back then. you talk about hot, that thing would glow. the store at one time was 3 stories.. sold caskets on the top. furniture on the second and general merchandise on the bottom.. then a twister took the upper floors off in the 30'S...

ALACOWMAN":2ngqjf2k said:
skyline":2ngqjf2k said:
Man, ya'll are bringing back some memories. Papaw owned the general store where I grew up. I would help fill up the drink box and I would empty the little box under the bottle top opener. We dumped all of the bottle tops onto the pavement in front of the gas pumps. It was solid bottle tops and good pavement.

If I was hungry, I could always drink a coke with peanuts or eat a moon pie or eat a big baloney and cheese sandwich using that big red round of cheese and a hunk of baloney about 1/2" thick. In the morning while waiting on the school bus, it was a honey bun heated on the gas heater in the middle of the store with some chocolate milk. Ahhh, good memories.
our store just had a big pot belly stove, burnt alot of coal back then. you talk about hot, that thing would glow. the store at one time was 3 stories.. sold caskets on the top. furniture on the second and general merchandise on the bottom.. then a twister took the upper floors off in the 30'S...

Now that is what I call multi-functional.

ALACOWMAN":2dwr85cp said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37_GiH-E8Hs came across this by accident looking for something else.... this be where im from ...it shows the damage of the tornado toward the end..

That's an amazing video. I love history. The more you know about where you came from, the more you know about who you are.

We drank 16oz Mr. Colas with our moonpies. I actually have a shirt with a moonpie on the front and the back says eat mo pie! I wear it when riding the bike.

spoon":j7kc05yl said:
We drank 16oz Mr. Colas with our moonpies. I actually have a shirt with a moonpie on the front and the back says eat mo pie! I wear it when riding the bike.

That's too good. Steve would love to get his hands on one of those.

skyline":2dffphr3 said:
ALACOWMAN":2dffphr3 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37_GiH-E8Hs came across this by accident looking for something else.... this be where im from ...it shows the damage of the tornado toward the end..

That's an amazing video. I love history. The more you know about where you came from, the more you know about who you are.
had some idiot cooking meth in one of those mansions awhile back :mad: . been meaning to take pictures of it before its gone.

thanks for the video :D
I loved cola in the bottle, all you had to do is use your bottle opener to get a fee one out of the vending mechine :shock:
what can I say, I was a bad, bad little girl :lol:

show steer up":1ly0x7g6 said:
you bet I do, havnt had yours in a long time :lol:
so what flavor do you have today :shock:

Sweet buttery cream. :shock: :???:

Latest posts