BIG CELEBRATION IN TENNESSEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
You may or may not want to miss it. :lol:

By WRCB/NBC News Channel

BELL BUCKLE, Tennessee -- Visitors to the 14th annual RC Cola and MoonPie festival in Bell Buckle, Tennessee are in for a treat this weekend. A giant 100 pound, 75,000 calorie MoonPie has been whipped up for the festival.

The MoonPie bakers usually make chocolate MoonPies for special events, but decided to mix it up a little this year and make banana, the company's second most popular flavor.

The giant marshmallow and graham cracker treat will feed between 100 and 150 people and will be eaten in about five minute

Haven't had a moon pie nor an RC Cola in a while but now that you mentioned you got me remembering how good they were..I may have to run to the store and see if they have any.

man thats a big get togather for RCs an moon pies.im trying to member the last time i seen a moon pie.i they both are still around.

RC Cola, the soda Pepsi doesn't want you to know about.

You see it quite a bit 'round here. Much cheaper that Pepsi, and tastes good too.

bandit80":1pywv3qa said:
RC Cola, the soda Pepsi doesn't want you to know about.

You see it quite a bit 'round here. Much cheaper that Pepsi, and tastes good too.
same with coke and double cola........hard to beat a mountain dew though

Double Cola...another one I hadn't heard mention in ages. Use to get those big azz "Top Colas" as a kid. Probably only about 16 oz. but back at that time it looked like a gallon. Haven't had a Nehi Peach or Strawberry in ages either. You can get the creme of soda but heck it's "BLUE". now. :lol:

TexasBred":29fom7y4 said:
Double Cola...another one I hadn't heard mention in ages. Use to get those big azz "Top Colas" as a kid. Probably only about 16 oz. but back at that time it looked like a gallon. Haven't had a Nehi Peach or Strawberry in ages either. You can get the creme of soda but heck it's "BLUE". now. :lol:
nehi belly washer.

ALACOWMAN":3v3beq7c said:
TexasBred":3v3beq7c said:
nehi belly washer.

hahahaha....right on...but when you're 8-9 years old and came up with a nickel you just took whatever they had (even if it wasn't very cold). :nod:

TexasBred":1bgvxxul said:
ALACOWMAN":1bgvxxul said:
TexasBred":1bgvxxul said:
nehi belly washer.

hahahaha....right on...but when you're 8-9 years old and came up with a nickel you just took whatever they had (even if it wasn't very cold). :nod:
it was a treat to open a drink box in the hot summer and stick your head in, while you decided on which one. i can remember looking for several minutes, for a coke that had peanuts in it like the oldtimer was drinking :oops:

Big Red!

Choosing a sodie pop was a big part of being a kid for me. We'd take our empties to Massey's and get more on Saturdays. I cut my leg once when I snagged it on a broken pop bottle as I was bending my knees getting ready to open the drink box. I was six. That was an experience.

Man, those boxes were cold, though. Just the thing for a hot afternoon. RC's not bad. We used to get Dr. Pepper when they were made with cane sugar. Burns your nose when you belch.

Lammie":2omj8hp5 said:
Big Red!

Choosing a sodie pop was a big part of being a kid for me. We'd take our empties to Massey's and get more on Saturdays. I cut my leg once when I snagged it on a broken pop bottle as I was bending my knees getting ready to open the drink box. I was six. That was an experience.

Man, those boxes were cold, though. Just the thing for a hot afternoon. RC's not bad. We used to get Dr. Pepper when they were made with cane sugar. Burns your nose when you belch.
I knew there was a difference cause they tasted better as a youngin'. but every thing tasted better in a glass bottle.. had a dew a few years ago over in mississppi that was in a glass bottle that tasted better than ive drank in years ;-) other than sudweisers

ALACOWMAN":4n0vijwq said:
Lammie":4n0vijwq said:
Big Red!

I knew there was a difference cause they tasted better as a youngin'. but every thing tasted better in a glass bottle.. had a dew a few years ago over in mississppi that was in a glass bottle that tasted better than ive drank in years ;-) other than sudweisers

Bottle, can, or "Big O"...doesn't matter...goood.

This ranks right up there along with the National Cornbread Festival which is held in south Pittsburg TN each year aroung the last of April.

Think I am joking with you ? Check this out - http://www.nationalcornbread.com/

Only in the State of Tennessee :nod: :nod:

Hey I love cornbread. Give me a hot pone of cornbread, some butter, green onions, ketchup & sweet tea and I'm all set.

Nowland Farms":2rnxpmnk said:
This ranks right up there along with the National Cornbread Festival which is held in south Pittsburg TN each year aroung the last of April.

Think I am joking with you ? Check this out - http://www.nationalcornbread.com/

Only in the State of Tennessee :nod: :nod:

Hey I love cornbread. Give me a hot pone of cornbread, some butter, green onions, ketchup & sweet tea and I'm all set.
hey they have a polk sallet festival in cullman ;-)

July, 26 2008 08:00 PM - 7th Annual Cookeville Condom Festival
, Cookeville, Tennessee 38501 - $5.00

A celebration of our nation's prophylactic heritage. Free balloons for the kids!

:shock:

MikeC":210k2irk said:
July, 26 2008 08:00 PM - 7th Annual Cookeville Condom Festival
, Cookeville, Tennessee 38501 - $5.00

A celebration of our nation's prophylactic heritage. Free balloons for the kids!

:shock:

Uh uh!!! No there is NOT! :lol2: :lol2:

Man, ya'll are bringing back some memories. Papaw owned the general store where I grew up. I would help fill up the drink box and I would empty the little box under the bottle top opener. We dumped all of the bottle tops onto the pavement in front of the gas pumps. It was solid bottle tops and good pavement.

If I was hungry, I could always drink a coke with peanuts or eat a moon pie or eat a big baloney and cheese sandwich using that big red round of cheese and a hunk of baloney about 1/2" thick. In the morning while waiting on the school bus, it was a honey bun heated on the gas heater in the middle of the store with some chocolate milk. Ahhh, good memories.