Big buck haven

Help Support CattleToday:

What was the bear doing beside you? Did you quit running deer with dogs and go to using bears instead? Bears might do good running deer but they will cost you a small fortune feeding them.

Dave":39cekdad said:
What was the bear doing beside you? Did you quit running deer with dogs and go to using bears instead? Bears might do good running deer but they will cost you a small fortune feeding them.
He needs to get better at concealing his bear when he's not running it

Dave":3nycb71d said:

:lol2: there's so many here now it's ridiculous he came to where I sprayed deer scent I have no idea why. He weighs a good 400+# if I get bored next week I might shoot it. I agree on feeding as they put a hurting on my fruit trees and corn.

ohiosteve":1216lih4 said:
A good friend just got this one at my place about an hour ago.

Did your friend used to play Adam on the TV show Northern Exposure?

adam.gif

I could have shot three different big bucks today from my back porch but some idiot went and closed deer season over a month ago.

The son of my old hunting partner sent me a picture today. He lives in Washington where deer hunter success is about 20% and the elk success rate is about 10%. He shot a dandy 5x5 bull elk with a muzzle loader in early October. His 15 year old son shot real good buck opening day and then a bear that afternoon. The next week his wife shot a real good blacktail buck. Then opening of rifle elk season the son shot a 4x4 bull. I was giving him a bad time about not having freezer space but that he still had a deer tag. Today was the first day in late buck season. The picture he sent was him with a mature buck. That was a clean sweep. No tags left in that family....... or freezer space.

Latest posts