Better stock up on the Frito-Lays

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score

Hundreds of Frito-Lay workers on strike in Topeka, citing forced overtime and 84-hour workweeks

6cc8d440-e574-11eb-addb-f1a5a1d3d10e

unfortunately many companies are doing the same thing. despite the fact that these companies are raking in billions of dollars, they seem more interested in lining the pockets of upper management rather than reward the workers that are keeping the business up and running. As farmers and ranchers, many of us know all to well how working 80+ hours a week feels like. To do that week after week without being fairly compensated is completely different. Perhaps the company could offer a profit sharing program based on profits and hours worked per employee. that way employees that want to put in the extra hours can do so, and employees that have a life outside of work can still contribute and also have some sort of normal life outside of work.

Plenty of other jobs available. I don't think you can be "forced" to work overtime. If you don't like your job, quit and go somewhere else. Maybe get a job on a farm or building fences and learn what real work is. This is just a union wanting more money and more workers for the same production. Some people I have known - if they went on strike, no one would notice.

This is horrible, what are all the stoners supposed to eat while they watch TV?

Plenty of other jobs available. I don't think you can be "forced" to work overtime. If you don't like your job, quit and go somewhere else. Maybe get a job on a farm or building fences and learn what real work is. This is just a union wanting more money and more workers for the same production. Some people I have known - if they went on strike, no one would notice.
my wife quit her job (along with 75% of her coworkers) when they went from 8 hour days to 12 hour days. mandatory weekends, took away holidays and unable to use accumulated vacation time. because of the new hours, some could not find daycares to take kids at 4:00 in the morning, others had physical problems that created problems with the longer work days and others just wanted a life away from work. the company is finding out that hiring more employees to replace them is not working out very well for them. most unions do not make more money when the employees work longer hours. depending on the contract, the company may not be able to force longer hours or the overtime. the unions would rather have the company hire more workers which would increase the union dues. hopefully when the feds quit handing out money like candy at Halloween, people will get back to work.

my wife quit her job (along with 75% of her coworkers) when they went from 8 hour days to 12 hour days. mandatory weekends, took away holidays and unable to use accumulated vacation time. because of the new hours, some could not find daycares to take kids at 4:00 in the morning, others had physical problems that created problems with the longer work days and others just wanted a life away from work. the company is finding out that hiring more employees to replace them is not working out very well for them. most unions do not make more money when the employees work longer hours. depending on the contract, the company may not be able to force longer hours or the overtime. the unions would rather have the company hire more workers which would increase the union dues. hopefully when the feds quit handing out money like candy at Halloween, people will get back to work.
I have to ask, where was she working?

unfortunately many companies are doing the same thing. despite the fact that these companies are raking in billions of dollars, they seem more interested in lining the pockets of upper management rather than reward the workers that are keeping the business up and running. As farmers and ranchers, many of us know all to well how working 80+ hours a week feels like. To do that week after week without being fairly compensated is completely different. Perhaps the company could offer a profit sharing program based on profits and hours worked per employee. that way employees that want to put in the extra hours can do so, and employees that have a life outside of work can still contribute and also have some sort of normal life outside of work.
Maybe you should start a company and let whoever bitches the most have their way. Let us know how that works out.

Latest posts