Best used tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

fitz":sd72mrbw said:
In reference to the Kubota. The M7040 replaced the M6800.
I like mine too. A Kubota M5030 was a real good tractor if you can still find one. They are around but hard to find in any shape. The 5030 New Holland or 75 series is a good tractor in that h.p. range also.

fitz

Never been any Kubotas around here but since the new 100+ HP models came out, a few are showing up. There are 3 Kubota dealers within 100 miles now.

I got my M126GX in June last year. 2 more Kubotas have been added in this community since. :eek:

Tim/South":2w8wlj05 said:
The 5303 is an economy level Deere. It is made in India. It is light for the horse power.
The Indian Deeres are kind of like the Deere mowers sold at Home Depot. They are look alike Deeres.

IIRC, Deere also sold rebadged Yanmars as small utility tractors? Perhaps the 5303 is a rebadged Kioti or something similar with genuine Deere green paint? :idea:

My aunt called the JD dealer about getting a clutch in their Mannheim Germany built JD 2840. She had trouble at first getting across to the shop guy that the tractor model was indeed a 2840. That might not be a good sign. :roll: :roll: :roll:

At any rate the 2840 is now at the dealer. No word on it yet.

I was in the same boat last year. We bought a Ford/New Holland 1999 5030 65 hp @ pto . It handles our 6x4 round bales easy and pulls a 10 ft rotary cutter without an issue . I'm happy with this decision

BobbyLummus":1g380j39 said:
I was in the same boat last year. We bought a Ford/New Holland 1999 5030 65 hp @ pto . It handles our 6x4 round bales easy and pulls a 10 ft rotary cutter without an issue . I'm happy with this decision

Is the 5030 a direct decendant of the 5000? With the exception of a few SOS issues, the Ford 5000 was one of the most bulletproof tractors in its class.

BobbyLummus":vvzjcfr8 said:

Is yours a 4 wheel drive I have looked at a lot of 5610 fords but they are almost impossible to find in 4 wheel drive in my area. Is the 5030 just a newer model of the 5610?

We use a 5410 JD 80hp 4wd, my grandfather bought it new and it we've never had any major issues with it. I'd say you could pick up a used one for around 18k.

pricefarm":21ybqig3 said:
BobbyLummus":21ybqig3 said:

Is yours a 4 wheel drive I have looked at a lot of 5610 fords but they are almost impossible to find in 4 wheel drive in my area. Is the 5030 just a newer model of the 5610?

Its 2wd we looked for long time for 4wd but this one came up with loader / rotary cutter package for the right price . Works well with the diff lock for haying and bush hogging but for dirt work it'd need the 4wd

Calhoun Farm":gfowf6ey said:
We use a 5410 JD 80hp 4wd, my grandfather bought it new and it we've never had any major issues with it. I'd say you could pick up a used one for around 18k.

Dang it, Calhoun Farm, that green tractor looks C O L D :!:

I spent so many years feeding cattle and putting up hay with a open station tractor, I demand a nice cab now! ;-)

I wish we had one, I had take open station in the winter to have a cab in the summer with a/c. We've got an old new holland bailer and it makes a ton of dust. Majority of it goes right down the back of your neck too!

Calhoun Farm":3o9fys2s said:

Nice tractor ya if I could find one for around 18 I would be happy. What year did they make that model? What size roller do u use?

97-98 is when that model came out. I have a 5400 4x4 cab and loader, use it all the time and it's never been back to the dealer. Small 4x4 tractors with loaders work good, small 2 wheel drive tractors with loaders not very good. IMO

highgrit":39gdcb2a said:
97-98 is when that model came out. I have a 5400 4x4 cab and loader, use it all the time and it's never been back to the dealer. Small 4x4 tractors with loaders work good, small 2 wheel drive tractors with loaders not very good. IMO

That's right. 1998 - 2001. It was 276 cu. in. with 65 hp pto.
My old 2640 has the same cu. in. engine.

fitz

pricefarm":2oe01zoy said:
BobbyLummus":2oe01zoy said:

I think they are a different series. My neighbor has a 4x4 5030. That is one tough unit. It's the same pto as the Kubota 6800. Saw one in Tn. last year w/o loader. I should have bought it and found a loader.

fitz

fitz

00R0R_3qB0ZGgJgcY_600x450.jpg

Farmtrac 675 DTC, 72hp perkins diesel, 4x4, factory model# 5440 loader with skid steer style Q/C 7' bucket, 12 spd shuttle shift, hydrostatic power steering, cat# 2 three point, independent pto, two sets of rear hydraulic remotes, low hours, excellent rubber, roll bar & canopy, $15,500.00 ph#704-305-6896, charlotte, n.c.

Saw this on Craigslist.

fitz

fitz":2hnqb5i8 said:
00R0R_3qB0ZGgJgcY_600x450.jpg

Farmtrac 675 DTC, 72hp perkins diesel, 4x4, factory model# 5440 loader with skid steer style Q/C 7' bucket, 12 spd shuttle shift, hydrostatic power steering, cat# 2 three point, independent pto, two sets of rear hydraulic remotes, low hours, excellent rubber, roll bar & canopy, $15,500.00 ph#704-305-6896, charlotte, n.c.

Saw this on Craigslist.

fitz

Ya i seen that one the other day. Don't know much about the farm trac who makes those ?

That is some kinda spin off of Ford. I think the outfit went belly up. Someone else here may know more about it. Several years back I stopped at a Dealer and ask about a brand new one. He said he could sell me one but w/o a warranty. I wasn't interested in that.

fitz

Farmtrac made them, and is now out of business. The Farmtrac name was bought out by Montana tractor I believe but the only parts availability for the Farmtrac built tractors is what is left in the US warehouse, as the factory in India was shutdown last I heard. So for the most part you are screwed if you ever need parts of service for something other than the Perkins motor or the Carrera front axle.

chevytaHOE5674":3vdg6xqu said:
Farmtrac made them, and is now out of business. The Farmtrac name was bought out by Montana tractor I believe but the only parts availability for the Farmtrac built tractors is what is left in the US warehouse, as the factory in India was shutdown last I heard. So for the most part you are screwed if you ever need parts of service for something other than the Perkins motor or the Carrera front axle.

That's kinda of what I thought as far as getting parts. Iam already in that kind of situation already with the long I have. Parts are hard to find but it has been a very good tractor for what it is. I would like to stay with one of the major brands.

Latest posts