Best pnemonia meds?

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowation

Reaction score
We raise mainly calves & normally don't keep them long as theres a good market for them & their sold at an average of 3 months to 5 months old.
Our normal routine for pnumonia has been :
if its moderate & not very bad ..la 200
if its anything more..penicillan..

I don't wanna get into buying perscription drugs, I know alot would disagree but here We don't fool with vets unless its just a multy case. ( meaning 3 or more with the same symptoms & it has to be bad)
We doctor our own & learning better ways of doing it & better meds to use. We generally loose 2 a year on average .. cept last year we got a bad string of pnumonia & after $800 to the vet & loosing 17 calves made my mind set on doing it all on my own.
I thank you for your time & trouble

Nuflor
Micotil
Banamine for inflamation works for us.
These are prescriptions and theres no way around it, that I know of there are a lot of cattle getting "immune" to LA200 around here and other places. I know for a fact that theres a guy in WY that runs about 5000 head and he told me that he my as well give 'em a shot of water compared to LA200.

baytril is ok if you catch it really early I really like nuflor so far I have found it works the best,I never have used la200 sorry cant say anything about it

I've been using A-180 some and realy like it. Lower dosage and just one shot. Calves get better fast.

Neither LA200 or penicillin would be even close to the top of my list for pnuemonia treatments. You're going to have to bite the bullet and talk to a vet if you want to be effective in treating it.

Baytril, Nuflor, Mycotil are my three of choice. We always have them on hand.

Latest posts