Best of Craigslist Equip.

Help Support CattleToday:

I put 3 things on Craigslist this weekend. I have never put anything on before. I've only gotten 2 text so far. Doesn't look like they are going to sell. I had high hopes of selling them. I don't really care what they bring, and I'll run them through a consignment sale this fall.

Bigfoot":10578y3l said:
I've only gotten 2 text so far.
I buy and sell on there all the time. 95% of the time someone who texts is just wasting your and his time, if they are serious they will call.

Most people on there are nuts, both buyers and sellers, so keep that in mind, but there are plenty who are "normal" to make it worth your while.

My other observation of late, nobody has cash for expensive used equipment, the only thing selling for me is the cheap stuff. If a person can't buy it new and on credit, then they typically can't afford it, and big farmers only buy new for tax right offs. Poor people either need it dirt cheap or on credit. Most of my farm stuff like plow, disc, blade, auger, stuff like that I got cheap off of there. Most things I buy I have to end up working on which is a blessing and a curse.

Has this classic craigslist ad already been posted? read down for the copy, it was from April and no longer up, here it is archived:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-04-02/tragedy-americas-farmer-revealed-craiglist-sale-post

I buy and sell a lot of stuff on craigslist. For any deal to be successfully there has to be at least one nut involved. Sometimes the nut is the other guy, sometimes me, and sometimes both.

hillbilly beef man":1q3nsnpd said:
I buy and sell a lot of stuff on craigslist. For any deal to be successfully there has to be at least one nut involved. Sometimes the nut is the other guy, sometimes me, and sometimes both.

:lol:
I buy and sell off there alot... Sold some stuff from there yesterday.

Ive bought and sold stuff on there. I usually check it at least once a day if not more looking for deals. Bigfoot what do you have for sale?

I should hook on to the trailer and head for Canton, but my wife would kill me.

https://easttexas.craigslist.org/grd/5158703189.html

I am cleaning up a barn/work shed and have tons of tools, tractor stuff, engines, transmissions, trailer, hay hauler, tires, and so much more stuff I can't list it all. I am attaching pics. I will sell it, barter, trade for help cleaning it up. Tons of metal stuff too. I can't really stress how much stuff there is.

That's one he<< of a tv antenna. Would make a lot of deer stands, though I wouldn't want to be too close when it comes down.

M.Magis":1i9vzs07 said:
That's one he<< of a tv antenna. Would make a lot of deer stands, though I wouldn't want to be too close when it comes down.

:lol: I bet they get channels clear to france :lol:

don't even look this way if you don't have deep pockets for this

crazy_zpse1toipww.png

JMJ Farms":wbahswdt said:
skyhightree1":wbahswdt said:
JMJ Farms":wbahswdt said:
You got it under your shelter yet Sky?

Working on it.. Offered 4400 they said absolutely not.. :lol:

Don't let $100 stand between you and your dreams Sky :lol2:
I tried to meet in the middle 4450 didn't work I guess I'll keep looking :lol:

I put several thousand bales through a NH846 like that one in the late 70's early/mid 80's. Probably what choked it up was the hay was to dry and it spit it back out. After putting a couple hundred bales in a day through it my shoulder would be sore from using the hand crank tying bales. $1500 is the worth even if that, but in good shape they will bale. The baler new cost $5500 and I paid for it doing custom baling besides my hay. Very few people had a round baler then around me.

Latest posts