> Look I am from Tennessee,,Black
> Angus is your best choice...In
> BWF,Brangus,Simms,Limms,and others
> are all influenced By Black
> Angus...Limms and Simms are black
> and polled because angus...Even
> Murry Gray are angus crosses...
> They are also common in your area
> thus easy to obtain.....alf If angus are so pure and great umm how come some certified angus beef is umm no duh is limmi or simmi cross and by the way where do you think that taht white came from on the udders? I mean u dont see the original Aberdeen Angus walkina round with white in its udder do you? We dont have an ounce of angus blood in our purebred simmi cows we imported the some of the first simmi. Angus folks need to grow up. They think that their breed is the best and dont leave room to put in my opinion. Angus may have the biggest registery but i garuntee you more of them are mixed breed than simmis. After all they do have simmi in them. So get a life.

[email protected]

Um people u r so dumb. Angus are just a wanna be fake breed. Angus does not have the pureness that they used to have. Get over it. My simmi have beet numerous angus.

[email protected]

First off you can't spell. Your simmi's are way to big and full of bone to work on any practical ranch. Angus cattle are the driving force in the cattle market all other breeds are just treading water. I've said it before and i'll say it again buy your cattle from reputation breeders. Better let you go out and feed those 1700 lb simmi cows again.

[email protected]

Well to the best, are Black Angus? I do not think I said that black angus are the best. I said I raise angus because of the common place and easy to obtain, also the price they bring a the sale barn( In my area) I remenber when simms were spotted and limms were blond or red... now what I see is Black...and polled, I bet that the color and maybe the poll comes from Black Angus...As for you pure breed stock , In my are my blacks bring top dollar yours bring half...Now as to what I like and think is the best is Shorthorns, I love them, but they are hard to obtain and at the sale barn they bring half...

[email protected]

> First off you can't spell. Your
> simmi's are way to big and full of
> bone to work on any practical
> ranch. Angus cattle are the
> driving force in the cattle market
> all other breeds are just treading
> water. I've said it before and
> i'll say it again buy your cattle
> from reputation breeders. Better
> let you go out and feed those 1700
> lb simmi cows again. Actually my simmis are not big none of mine weigh over 1,300.When the simmis got big we hunted around to find small bulls and we keot them small. And about the spelling I was to mad at the moment to worry about the spelling.!!!Talk about look at the SAF genetics that everybody thinks are so great!! Ha there where the 1700 lbs. lie.

[email protected]

I have a few 75% beefmaster and 25%sim. calves. Come see me sometime and i will show what we have.Also i will show you some purebred heifers a friend of mine raised out of one of my bulls. He's not a breeder but raises great beefmaster cattle .Maby you can find something you like. i have used branveih cows and beefmaster bulls and they raise a good calf. check cavevalleyranch.com> I raise beefmasters in somerset
> ky. and have never had a problem
> with weather and beefmasters. We
> have approx. 50 test cows of
> different breeds. Mostly angus,
> sim. and charlois. The beefmasters
> come out of the winter better than
> any of the other breeds.> i
> really love the beefmaster cow

[email protected]

By profession I am a U. S. History teacher. It looks to me like cattle people are bashing each other like they bashed sheep people in the 1800's. No offense intended to anyone out there just something to think about.

Paull

[email protected]

> By profession I am a U. S. History
> teacher. It looks to me like
> cattle people are bashing each
> other like they bashed sheep
> people in the 1800's. No offense
> intended to anyone out there just
> something to think about.

Sad to say that I think your observations are correct. What a lot of beef producers need to get through their heads is that our main competition is not each other, but rather the chicken and pork raisers, who can turn out a product in production line factory-like fashion for a lot cheaper price per pound than beef can be produced.

That said, another of my personal pet peeves is what I believe to be the lack of good information out there to educate the retail buyer. Based on comments I have heard from them, many don't have the slightest idea that there is a big difference in grocery store "choice" versus "select" and why they should expect to pay more for "choice" or "prime". If they pay $7.99 a pound for a "select" steak and are very disappointed in the result then a $1.99 per pound pork chop or even much cheaper chicken starts to look real good to them. These damn stores promote things like Cattlemen's Select, Kroger Select, etc. and the average consumer associates the word "Select" with something of unusually high quality, yet we cattle raisers know it is not. But I also know that millions of households can't afford to pay "Choice" or "Prime" prices, I just think the industry has done a poor job of educating the public about the grades of meat and what to expect for their hard earned dollar.

Apologies to all for my ramble-on.

Latest posts